Serv Safe Sanitaion Class

Decorating By mellormom Updated 13 May 2008 , 11:29pm by indydebi

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 10

Has anyone taken this and how hard is the test? The book I received seems very overwhelming but I wondered if it's not as bad as it seems.
Thanks for any help on this matter.
Jen...

9 replies
mellormom Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:15pm
post #2 of 10

bumping myself. icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 May 2008 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 10

Are you taking a class or a crash course before the test? I had to take the 30 hour class and took tests throughout to build up to the big test that counted for certification. The test really is not that bad. The only thing is a lot of the questions have more than one correct answer which can be tricky. Each section has about 6-10 questions on the test.
Once you pass you get a certificate and your certification is good for 5 years.

SugarplumStudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarplumStudio Posted 13 May 2008 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 10

It is worth every penny and every minute invested!
The test is not difficult if you read the material thoroughly. The class is designed to translate the material into a practical, real life situations. The text included sample tests and review sections. I would recommend taking the full class as opposed to the 1 day crash course if you are taking it for the first time. Once you've passed it and come to a time where you need the recertification, the 8 hour class is a breeze.
I've found it to be invaluable in my career.

cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 13 May 2008 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 10

I took the class in pastry school and it was well worth it. the test is super easy and is pretty much common sense. i would definatly recommend it to anyone in the business. Good luck.

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 13 May 2008 , 9:17pm
post #6 of 10

I concur! And really helps in your business too.
Totally worth the time and money. It's not too hard as long as you pay attention to the course. I'm waiting for my certificate to arrive any day now. icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck!
~Vicky

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 13 May 2008 , 9:30pm
post #7 of 10

Ive taken it many times over the years as a mgr with mickey d's. Ours is a 1 day class with a test at the end. One operator gave us a book, then just sent us to test. You'll do fine at it. I'm not a test taking person, and I've never failed.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 13 May 2008 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 10

Does your book have questions at the end of each chapter? Study those questions. I took it last semester. If you know those questions you'll ace the test.

Mike

mellormom Posted 13 May 2008 , 11:09pm
post #9 of 10

Thanks for all your replies! My class is a one day class. I had not choice do to scheduling issues.
Glad it not as hard as it seems. The most trouble I have had so far is remembering what sickness you can get from what food. But If I keep at it then I should do ok.
Jen...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 May 2008 , 11:29pm
post #10 of 10

Mine was a one-day-deal. I was required to pick the book up a week or so before the class. If you read the book and answer the questions at the end before you go to class, you will be just fine. I did the whole book in one night (I'm a speed reader ... one year I got 10 books for Christmas ... had them all read before New Years Day).

The class/test is mostly common sense. Like I bet you already know you're not allowed to spit on the floor in the kitchen, right? icon_lol.gif

It's a great class. Logical. Common Sense.

And my family is now no longer allowed to buy things from bake sales! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%