Here It Is-New Shop Pics

Business By 4them Updated 18 Nov 2009 , 5:46am by CarolAnn

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:37pm
post #31 of 85

Congratulations! Your shop looks fantastic! Wishing you all the happiness and success in the world. Good luck and can't wait to hear how opening day goes icon_biggrin.gif . You should be very proud.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 13 May 2008 , 4:46pm
post #32 of 85

i love how your counter looks. it looks very quirky to me, reminds me of the show charmed for some reason. i love the name of the shop too.

congratulations and good luck!

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 13 May 2008 , 5:36pm
post #33 of 85

Evry thing is so perfect, I loved the chairs and tables, your display, the color on the walls, everything. You have a very pretty and nice shop. It is so much fun to see every succes story in pothos, because let me tell you just starting is a succes; I hope you do very well. Congratulations

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:13pm
post #34 of 85

VERY COOL. Do you offer tours, and do you allow fondling of the granite? icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Gale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gale Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:32pm
post #35 of 85

Congratulations! What an accomplishment. Wishing you countless blessings on your new shop!

busymom9431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
busymom9431 Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:41pm
post #36 of 85

It looks beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love the color and the name. My friend always says Delish! Good Luck! Can't wait to hear an update!

hoped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoped Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:44pm
post #37 of 85

Congratulations! You are obviously a good business person to be able to pay for everything up front, so I know you will do well. My father's favorite word is Delish, so I grew up hearing it. Never thought of it as a store name, but it is PERFECT!

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 13 May 2008 , 6:47pm
post #38 of 85

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!IT LOOKS SO COOL!
WOW!!!!!!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif and ALL PAID for!!!!!!!!!!! That's amazing! Please share tips on how you did THAT! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
GOOD LUCK for the opening!
thumbs_up.gif
~Vicky

lovetofrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovetofrost Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:02pm
post #39 of 85

congratulations! i'm excited for you. it's a big step, i'm sure you'll do great. love the colors and the name. best of luck on your grand opening.

djrob318 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djrob318 Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:02pm
post #40 of 85

Congratulations!!!!!! It is tooooooooooo cute; I LOVE the name!!!

CoveredInCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoveredInCake Posted 13 May 2008 , 7:34pm
post #41 of 85

WOW! I think it's amazing that you have that - and paid for no less!!!!! Congratulations!!! I love it. I think it's beautiful.

4them Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4them Posted 13 May 2008 , 8:45pm
post #42 of 85

o.k., I posted the pictures this morning and left for the shop so i didn't know i had so many responses. Well my husband and i are both accountants, but i am hanging up my calculator. I have been a stay at home mom for the last 6 yrs. The money came out of our savings so i have to replenish that.

I actually have a lot of business already and i have not open the doors yet, daily wholesale, 2graduation cakes this weekend, a wedding and groom cake next weekend. The 2 newspapers in town are coming next week. I am nervous.

The building is really old and i love that, the colors are a cross between light lime and apple with chocolate brown.The space is only about 1500sqft. Every since we put the jars out we find people with their faces plastered to the glass quite often icon_biggrin.gif I have not even posted the phone number yet and people are calling all the time. About a year ago I did a cake for an event here in town and people still remember, I just knew they would so i did the cake for free. Yes my cake skills have improved glad to say that. I just have not had time to post any new pictures icon_redface.gif

And I know the walls are bare I have to hang my artwork, and permits and write on the menu board. TFL

Send prayers!

4them Posted 13 May 2008 , 8:50pm
post #43 of 85

btw Mike1394 hands off the granite--it was free because it was removed from wherever as one piece and to big and heavy for the hassle it's 10ftx4 only cost me 50 dollars to get it there.

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:09am
post #44 of 85

i don't even know you and i'm proud of you!!! it looks great!

ashley

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 14 May 2008 , 9:40am
post #45 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4them

btw Mike1394 hands off the granite--it was free because it was removed from wherever as one piece and to big and heavy for the hassle it's 10ftx4 only cost me 50 dollars to get it there.

icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif That is very awesome. Wishing you all the sucsess in the world.

Mike

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:10pm
post #46 of 85

WOW!!! Congratulations and I too agree, it looks marvelous!!! Now where is it so we can come and visit?? icon_biggrin.gif

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:11pm
post #47 of 85

looks amazing!! im gonna be nosey here lol but what all will you offer besides baked goods? i had thought of opening a bakery/deli where i did cold food like different sandwiches and salads. anyhow like i said just being nosey sorry icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 May 2008 , 11:41pm
post #48 of 85

What a beautiful space!! You have every right to be SO proud of what you've accomplished! SUper COngrats!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

4them Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:13pm
post #49 of 85

I have been busy but i wanted to try and answer the questions, Ladyhitman we do quite a bit muffins, croissants, sconce and assorted cinnamon rolls, danishes and pastries in the mornings which i do not do a second run baking on when it's gone-it's gone, we have a 11a-1p lunch, with deli sandwiches on croissants or sourdough, and we do cookies, mini tarts, cupcakes, parfaits and of course cakes.

It sounds like a lot but we make dough ahead of time we even do french and mexican breads by request. I have two employees and we have a huge wholesale commercial account, you would not believe how huge. Since i only have taxes and employees to pay and utilities i am instantly in the Black-but i have to replenish my savings.

For those that asked i am in NW MO.

Thanks for all the support I need it, if anybody else wants to sit in the corner and rock let me know.

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:16pm
post #50 of 85

Thanks, thats what I was wondering. If and when I get to open my own place any food i serve would be cold foods like i said. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. If im ever in the area i will have to check your place out lol it looks so neat!!

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 15 May 2008 , 8:44pm
post #51 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

VERY COOL. Do you offer tours, and do you allow fondling of the granite? icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

I laughed out loud when I read this one! I was thinking the same thing...I want to run my hands all over the granite while oohing and aaahing!!!

4them Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 11:33pm
post #52 of 85

Hi, everybody, i have been swamped so i have not been on for a while i have lots of pictures to up load and share. i will try to load tonight. i also have good news to share and bad. see the attached photos sorry the windows are dirty they are resurfacing the outside of the building the window washer will come when they are done.

4them Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 11:47pm
post #53 of 85

O.K. I am having a problem uploading these pics, they are of our holiday display... I will shrink them some more and try again... bare with me.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 11:49pm
post #54 of 85

Wow! This is awesome! I can't wait to see more pictures. Congrats and I'm glad to hear the last 6 months have been super busy for you!

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 11:55pm
post #55 of 85

i can't wait to see the pics. your shop from the first pics you posted looks like you got a gem. gee you are so blessed. super congratulations!! you said you had good and bad to tell everyone, well... you know for those reading the thread want to know what it is, hehehe! icon_biggrin.gif

4them Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 12:10am
post #56 of 85

I'm so sorry that i started posting and the pics will not upload, but i promise to get them up. The good news is my shoppe is a success i am super booked for most of Dec.

The bad news is i have no help icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif , My part time help is leaving me, she has decided to work fulltime at a local plant icon_cry.gif AND my full time fell and broke her leg in Mexico. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I have not had any meaningful sleep in weeks icon_cry.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 12:43am
post #57 of 85

Congratulations on your shop! I love the chandelier, actually I love everything about your shop! I hope you get some help soon...sending prayers your way!

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 12:48am
post #58 of 85

Oh....that totally sucks! Wish I lived near you so I could offer you a hand! I hope can find someone soon to help out! Can't wait to see your updated photos.

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 1:47am
post #59 of 85

well that is bad, sorry. you should put a thread on here about part time help. are you allowed to do that??? maybe someone lives near you who would want to work part time. will put this on "watch" and come back to look for the pics. so happy for you and all the success you are having!! icon_biggrin.gif

4them Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 4:43am
post #60 of 85

Thanks everyone, i am in Missouri the coldest part and i have offers, of course they have no experience, the wrong time of year for that,
it will work itself out,

I don't know how, i only know that it will. I will try the pics again tomorrow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%