How Do You Do Baby Blocks?

Decorating By doublecz1103 Updated 17 May 2008 , 1:53am by practiceandpatience

doublecz1103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doublecz1103 Posted 13 May 2008 , 10:57am
post #1 of 5

hi! i just got an order last night for a set of 3 baby blocks.. i know i have the "how to" somewhere in a book..but i can't find that right now lol .. .i was wondering what size pan you use to make your cake and what size the blocks end up being.

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 13 May 2008 , 11:05am
post #2 of 5

I know it's in one of the Debbie Brown character cake books...the one with the Little Pony house and with Garfield...if that happens to be the book you were thinking of.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 13 May 2008 , 11:06am
post #3 of 5

This past weekend I was told that if you use a 5 inch square pan you make your blocks 5'x5' the advice was make you blocks the same size in height as wide so they come out looking like blocks I haven't done any yet but thats what I plan to do I think it depends on how many people your serving and if your blocks are going to be sitting on a cake or the blocks are going to be the main cake. I hope this helps.

Molly2 icon_smile.gif

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 13 May 2008 , 11:55am
post #4 of 5

I also got an order for one last night, LOL. Here's one had saved from ICES,
Happy Blocking!

practiceandpatience Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
practiceandpatience Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:53am
post #5 of 5

For this baby block cake, I made each block 6x6x6 inch. I bake 3 layers for each block, each layer being 2 inches each. These were iced with BC but the details (edging, numbers and letters were cut from fondant)
If you needed them smaller, you could quarter an 8x8 inch cake, giving you 4" cakes. if the layers were 2" high, each cake would be 2 layers to make the blocks 4x4x4.
Hope this helps!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1206810.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%