Graduated Cake Stand Ideas

Decorating By CSMoore Updated 15 May 2008 , 6:01pm by lilyanddayne

CSMoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CSMoore Posted 12 May 2008 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 4

I have a wedding cake for June and the bride wants the 4 tiers of her cake all separated and on top of glass/acrylic graduated stands. She said that she don't care what I use as stands just as long as you can see through it So I've been out hunting to find some ideas but end up empty. I bought some large glass vases in various sizes at a yard sale but once I put a cake on top of it, I didnt' feel comfortable leaving it there. I plan to put the largest tier directly on the table and elavate the other 3 tiers at different height? Any ideas on what I could use or create that would be stable enough for the cake. Please remember that I have very limited skills with toolsâ¦lol...The wedding will be outside and its all basket weave tiers with calla lilies on top of each tiersâ¦Please help

3 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 12 May 2008 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 4

the first thing that came to mind is those clear diplay boxes that people put their collectibles in, like basketballs, model cars, etc. I found one website called casesforcollectibles dot com, but there may be cheaper places out there. A car case is $20 while a soccer ball case is $30. It looks like they offer discounts when ordering multiples.

CSMoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CSMoore Posted 13 May 2008 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 4

Okay..thanks...I thought about that but I assumed that it would be more than I wanted to spend to buy them. I will check them out though and see how much they are. Any other ideas or creations?????????????

lilyanddayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyanddayne Posted 15 May 2008 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 4

glass blocks from home depot or lowes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%