Jenna Bush Hager's Wedding Cake Details???????

Lounge By addietx Updated 17 May 2008 , 6:30pm by Momkiksbutt

addietx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addietx Posted 11 May 2008 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 51

Does anyone know the details of Jenna Bush Hager's wedding cake?

50 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 11 May 2008 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 51

No, but did she really change her name? Bless her heart. I feel so sorry for folks who don't keep their own last names when they wed.

There's a pic in the other thread, but the details aren't all that visible.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 11 May 2008 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 51

Don't feel bad for all of them.. icon_wink.gif I was happy to get rid of mine.. it was Gilligan.. icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 11 May 2008 , 10:31pm
post #4 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

No, but did she really change her name? Bless her heart. I feel so sorry for folks who don't keep their own last names when they wed.

Don't feel sorry for me. I am proud to be my husband's wife and it's was an honor to take his last name.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:11pm
post #5 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcopeland

Quote:

Don't feel sorry for me. I am proud to be my husband's wife and it's was an honor to take his last name.

totally off subject here, but your chi is sooo cute! My teacup is black and tan, and then I have 2 bigger ones...Can't have just 1! Lol

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 51

I think her dress and her cake are pretty, along with the bride of course.

zoomitoons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoomitoons Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:36pm
post #7 of 51

here is the picture I "nabbed" off abcnews.com
it's a beautiful cake but I'm still wondering if the top tier is suppose to lean like this or if it's just proof that every baker has leaning issues lol
LL

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:39pm
post #8 of 51
Quote:

icon_rolleyes.gif some of us are quite proud to be married to our husbands and more than honored to take their names. plus i was more than happy to ditch my bio-dad's name, i didn't choose it as my last name and didn't want it.

as for the cake, i haven't seen it... anyone care to post a pic or links to a pic?

**edited -- thanks for posting the pic... i like the cake and her drss is very pretty.. simple yet elegant.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:49pm
post #9 of 51

Thanks for posting that pic! I thought it would have been more fancy!!

Good for her in changing her last name and I would have never thought to have kept MY last name. I'm very proud of my husband and my children having 'our' last name. Now that my husband is gone, I'm even more proud when my kids friends call me Mrs. MacDonald.

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 11 May 2008 , 11:53pm
post #10 of 51

Chassidy- Thanks for the compliment on Gracie. She's the first small dog I've ever had and NEVER thought I'd have one of those yappy little dogs. She thinks she's a Rotweiller and our 85lb Basset Hound thinks he's a Chihuahua.

Zoom- Thanks for posting the pic.

She made a lovely bride and the cake is beautiful too.

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 12 May 2008 , 12:47am
post #11 of 51

Thanks for the picture Zoomitoons!
I think her dress is absolutely lovely, she looks so pretty in it! And THAT top tier is totally leaning!! icon_confused.gificon_eek.gif

God bless them both.

~Vicky

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 12 May 2008 , 12:55am
post #12 of 51

I was wondering too. Is it supposed to lean? Maybe if we had a different view we could tell.

addietx Posted 12 May 2008 , 1:32am
post #13 of 51

I also think the top tier is leaning.
Anyone have ideas on what technique was used on the sides of the very tall tiers?

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:23am
post #14 of 51

Foxnews had another view of it this morning, but I cant find it now icon_sad.gif. It was of the cake by itself on the table. I'll look for it again though.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 12 May 2008 , 2:35am
post #15 of 51

The choice of keeping or taking the new husbands name is a tricky one.....more often then not, it's the feminist mentality that chooses to keep their married name. Half my family kept the "Coakley" name from our Grandfather, and the other half didn't give a care and took thier husbands last name......

Now my hsubands 'real' last name was 'Hotchkiss' but he is super-estranged from his Dad (he hates him...private reasons - he would never keep the family name going) anyway, when I found out I was pregnant, he said he wanted to change the last name so his children would not carry one the "family" name. So I got to pick my new last name, very cool!!!

When there was divorce on the horizon, I was going to go back to my Granma's maiden name, but then we reconciled and I didn't have to worry about it anymore....

Long story short, to each their own....if women want to take their husbands name, great. If they choose to hiphentate - no problem. We all have reasons for doing things right?

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:08am
post #16 of 51

I have a feeling nobody told Jenna what to do on the name front. I'm sure she's in full command of her name choice.

And WOW, what in the heck does her last name have to do with her cake anyway!? There's a forum topic called "The Lounge" for non-cake related stuff where the last name issue can be debated ad nauseum if people really think it's worth debating. As for me, I just want to talk cakes here.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:17am
post #17 of 51

icon_confused.gif for the love of God...........

Forgive me for responding to a "Non-Lounge" realted topic.....

Cripes....I didn't realize the 'thread-police' were in full force.

Hawkette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hawkette Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:29am
post #18 of 51

I was totally going to post a thread about this, too! When I first saw the cake on the news, I thought, "Wow, that chef could post this under the Cake Disasters thread!" The more I looked at it, the more I wondered if those "accent" flowers were there because it's supposed to have a slightly topsy turvy flair to it or to disguise that they couldn't stack a cake correctly. Measure those dowels, folks! icon_smile.gif How embarrassing.

As for the elegance, Jenna seems pretty down to earth, so I think the style of the cake really matched well with the theme she wanted. Her colors were taken from wildflower and sky hues. She kept it pretty low key and didn't even have a veil (although she looked lovely!).

KlyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KlyKat Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:34am
post #19 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gificon_eek.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:36am
post #20 of 51

Sorry, I just spent the WHOLE day with my mother-in-law. Guess I'm cranky and took it out on my cake friends. Have mercy on me...

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 12 May 2008 , 5:12am
post #21 of 51
Quote:

I feel so sorry for folks who don't keep their own last names when they wed.

"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion." Steven Weinberg

I feel so sorry for people who not only feel the way you do, but feel this way so strongly that they choose to make this type of statement their very first impression on people.

I pray for you all the peace, happiness, and contentment I receive from my religious faith. icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 12 May 2008 , 5:17am
post #22 of 51
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

I have a feeling nobody told Jenna what to do on the name front. I'm sure she's in full command of her name choice.

And WOW, what in the heck does her last name have to do with her cake anyway!? There's a forum topic called "The Lounge" for non-cake related stuff where the last name issue can be debated ad nauseum if people really think it's worth debating. As for me, I just want to talk cakes here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

Sorry, I just spent the WHOLE day with my mother-in-law. Guess I'm cranky and took it out on my cake friends. Have mercy on me...

Ruth0209, you weren't inappropriate or rude in your request to get back on topic. icon_smile.gif

In fact, I was wondering what effect her choice of married name had on the design of the cake myself!

My comments: Great cake and beautiful bride. thumbs_up.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 12 May 2008 , 5:43am
post #23 of 51

Pretty cake - not really my cup of tea if I was choosing a wedding cake for myself, but seems to fit the couple.

Beautiful dress for her - it suits her well.

As for the name, I'm sure she'll use both (maybe hyphenated). For myself I find it confusing with my kids friends who have parents with two different last names, but then again, if I remember their first names it's a victory! I took my husband's last name because I -correctly- assumed we'd have a family one day and wanted a family name. Now I'm the last Revelli since my mom passed (that was her last name as well as her parents -she wasn't married) so I use it in conjuction with my married name on non-legal matters. To each his or her own as long as no harm is caused!

Thanks for posting the photo of the cake!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 12 May 2008 , 5:46am
post #24 of 51

I totally think that cake is leaning. Thank goodness it was just the top tier! I absolutely love her dress & everything just looks simple & elegant, gotta love that!

As for the name, I've never cared. My maiden is me, but so is my dh's last name. So, I have a very long name, no hypen, just a looooong name if people ask me my full name icon_smile.gif

elfgirl1968 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elfgirl1968 Posted 12 May 2008 , 5:57am
post #25 of 51

I was very glad to take my husbands name after I discovered this would be my hyphenated name (Wojdyla-Senecal). Yeah! I decided to be kind and make it easier on the world and just go with my husbands name, which in fact his family is related to Karol Wojtyla.

I'm glad I have my faith! God gave me my talent.

BTW , I think choosing your name or your husband's name has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

addietx Posted 12 May 2008 , 11:08am
post #26 of 51

Ruth0209, it was very gracious of you to apologize even though unnecessary for you to do so. Thank you for letting us know there is a forum for off-topics. I am interested in the cake is the reason I started the thread.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 12 May 2008 , 12:57pm
post #27 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfgirl1968

I decided to be kind and make it easier on the world and just go with my husbands name, which in fact his family is related to Karol Wojtyla.

WOW! I would have taken the Pope JPII's surname too! thumbs_up.gif

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 12 May 2008 , 3:41pm
post #28 of 51

I thought the cake was very pretty, simple, yet elegant. BTW I am one of those gals who was more than happy to ditch her maiden name, Letard, imagine growing up with that, the people who jokingly called me Retard always thought they were the first ones to think of it, idiots. Im very proud to be a Dunn, much easier.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 12 May 2008 , 6:30pm
post #29 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakepro

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfgirl1968

I decided to be kind and make it easier on the world and just go with my husbands name, which in fact his family is related to Karol Wojtyla.

WOW! I would have taken the Pope JPII's surname too! thumbs_up.gif

Me too!! How cool is that: to be distantly related to His Holiness! Wow! Not only was he Pope, but such a beautiful human being!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 12 May 2008 , 6:46pm
post #30 of 51

Actually there are some women that might 'want' to stick with their maiden names. My cousin, Michele, for example, went from Turzilli to Strmel (pronounced Stra-mel). lol Her street address is Rochelle Place, too! icon_lol.gif I still giggle occasionally!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%