Does Anyone Know How To Make Sugar Pearls(Dragees)?

Decorating By jessfmaldonado Updated 13 Dec 2019 , 11:02pm by SandraSmiley

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 9

I am doing a cake today with flowers on it. The centers were supposed to be white sugar pearls. I ran out. I only have Ivory. That is not going to work. I went to all the supermarkets around me hoping they would have at least the silver dragees, I remember a long time ago they carried them. Well no, they dont carry them any more. Not even Michaels has them. I was wondering if I can color the Ivory pearls I have maybe a pink or just with white luster dust, but will that make them look funny??? I know I saw on a competition that someone made their own sugar pearls. If anyone knows how to do this please help me. I will be up all night with this cake, my hubby is sick and I couldnt get started until now. It is due tomorrow 5-11. Thanks so much for any advice anyone can give me!!!!!!!!

8 replies
biancas_mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biancas_mommy Posted 10 May 2008 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 9

earlene has instructions on her site: http://www.earlenescakes.com/prlinstruct.htm

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 10 May 2008 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you biancas_mommy for that web page!!!! I am def going to try that!! If anyone has another way I would love to hear about it. Does anyone think if I try to color the Ivory pearls I have now with another color will that work?? Thanks so much.

gaviota4fly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gaviota4fly Posted 2 Dec 2019 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 9

Hi, i would like to learn how to make the long gold and silver dragees not the pearls.  Any suggestion? Thanks 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Dec 2019 , 1:52am
post #5 of 9

You would have to form each one by hand then put edible silver or gold dust in a small baggie & shake them well

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 4 Dec 2019 , 2:35am
post #6 of 9

I suggest ordering them!

SandraSmiley Posted 6 Dec 2019 , 4:31pm
post #7 of 9

gaviota4fly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gaviota4fly Posted 12 Dec 2019 , 7:24am
post #8 of 9

Thanks!!! It seems a lot of work