Quick Question About The Castle Cake..

Decorating By sharon57 Updated 9 May 2008 , 9:30pm by sharon57

sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 9 May 2008 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making the castle cake today for my granddaughter's birthday Sat. I glued the ice cream cone turrets to the board with royal icing. Is this going to all fall apart when I have to transport it tomorrow? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

5 replies
luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 9 May 2008 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 6

Mine did but i used candy melts. I just took some with me and reattached when I got to the party.

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 9 May 2008 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 6

I always take a first aid kit, the frosting colors I used so I can fix anyhing that messes up. Also, when transporting Make sure your plate or board is re-enforced so you have enough stability. If the board bows when you pick it up this could cause that problem. Plus I use some of that non-slip stuff underneath to keep the cake from moving around when transporting.

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 9 May 2008 , 8:00pm
post #4 of 6

I used candy melts for both of my castle cakes and I also used it for my twins cake. I delivered without any trouble. It worked like glue, ok better than glue ;0)

flowermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flowermom Posted 9 May 2008 , 8:00pm
post #5 of 6

Hi,

I have only done one castle cake, but after reading over a bunch of posts I decided that for me, the best things was to assemble the cake at site. I had that option since I had to make it the day before. You may not have the option, but you could assemble as much as possible and then add your towers or anything else that might be too unstable to travel after you arrive at the site. And always take a cake first aid kit with you, just in case!

Sandi

sharon57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharon57 Posted 9 May 2008 , 9:30pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%