Finally Done!!!!

Baking By yankeegal Updated 16 May 2008 , 9:21pm by gottabakenow

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 19

I just finished my largest order I have ever done-2200 cookies! My piping hand is killing me and if I never see another sneaker cookie again-it will be too soon! I think I am going to stick to my smaller orders!

18 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 9 May 2008 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 19

WOW!!! WHat a huge order - good for you!!!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 19

OMG 2200 cookies!! i'd be lucky if i could type after that!! great job! i hope you took pictures of all the cookies together

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 19

I am amazed that any one person could do that many decorated cookies and not be crippled for life! My hand kills me after only a few dozen. And all your cookies are so beautiful.

Lemonydoodles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemonydoodles Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:02pm
post #5 of 19

My hand aches just reading that number!! Congrats icon_smile.gif

terri76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terri76 Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:07pm
post #6 of 19

WOW!!!!! icon_eek.gif

How long did it take you?!

That's amazing!

Don't forget to post pictures!!

yankeegal Posted 10 May 2008 , 1:18am
post #7 of 19

I will try to post pictures tomorrow-I am currently recharging all of my camera's batteries so I can be ready for my son's prom tomorrow.

Terri-It took me about 6 days to do the actual decorating. I tried to break it up some-400 one day, 500 another, and so on.... I am so glad they are done-delivered tomorrow. I don't even want to look at them!

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 10 May 2008 , 1:39am
post #8 of 19

Wow!!! I can't wait to see the pics!

shellzey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellzey Posted 10 May 2008 , 1:51am
post #9 of 19

that is amazing. can't imagine doing 500 in a day. what were they for? i guess you paid for your son's graduation activities with this order huh LOL

Dee1219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dee1219 Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:13am
post #10 of 19

yankeegal
I love your work!! Do you float your RI or do you use Fondant? I love your work your cookies are amazing!

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:24am
post #11 of 19

HOLY COW!!! I have to do 3 dozen tonite and am dreading it! Can't wait to see a photo!!!

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 10 May 2008 , 12:53pm
post #12 of 19

WOW! I didn't even know it was humanly possible to do that many cookies in one order!!!!! That's really impressive to say the least. I have an order to do this coming week for 200 but they're all on sticks and that takes up sooooooo much more room. I'm going to have to get creative!! What did you do with the cookies each day to keep/store them until the whole order was done? Did you store them at room temp or freeze them?

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 10 May 2008 , 1:16pm
post #13 of 19

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif OMG...2200 cookies??!!!! That is soooooooo many cookies. I am also curious what they were for. I am also wondering what you charged per cookie to make that many. Do you offer a bulk discount or charge more to cover your medical bills? icon_lol.gif

Seriously, that is amazing and I can understand why you're happy to have those completed and delivered.

terri76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terri76 Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:19pm
post #14 of 19

I couldn't imagine doing 400 or 500 total, breaking them down into 100 or so a day, muchless 500 a day!!!

Ok...so everybody's wondering...give us all the details. icon_wink.gif

I really admire you honey! Did you have any help or did everyone just stand around with their mouths open watching in amazement?

Like I said, details honey details... icon_biggrin.gif

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:38pm
post #15 of 19

icon_surprised.gif Wow...wow...WOW that is amazing!
Cal I pour you a glass of wine-a mimosa perhaps?!?
I think you should think about changing your CC name to yankeeirongal icon_biggrin.gif
Very impressive. I can't wait to see them posted...would you mind replying to this thread when you do, so I won't miss them?

kimmyboo925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmyboo925 Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:50pm
post #16 of 19

That is pretty amazing.. cant wait to see the pics.. .couldnt imagine where 2200 cookies would be going.... we dont expect you to answer any questions.. just rest those hands.... please!!

cakemommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemommy Posted 10 May 2008 , 2:52pm
post #17 of 19

Good grief!!!! Well, judging from all the cookies in your gallery the very last cookie will look just like the first! Take a break...a LOOOONG break! What about counter space for decorating/drying and such?!?!?! icon_confused.gif My goodness!!!!! I cringe with I do more than 12!!!

Amy

yankeegal Posted 16 May 2008 , 5:02pm
post #18 of 19

Thanks everyone...

It was a long week. Unfortunately as I posted in my complaining post-my camera is no where to be found after DS's prom weekend. I am going to attach the two pictures my brother took.

The cookies were for a fundraiser for a gentleman killed on 9/11. He worked for this company that commissioned me to do them and they use the money for scholarships in his name. They chose my high top sneaker cookie (in my pics) because that is what he wore all of the time. This company contacted me in February so I had plenty of time to prepare and organize.
All of the dough was made about 3 weeks ahead of time and frozen. I made 28 batches of NF-I had extra left over.
I prebaked the 184 dozen cookies during the two weeks before and froze them.
They ordered 800 dark green, 700 blue, 700 red. All of the icing was made ahead as well. I believe it was 5 or 6 batches of each color and 2 to 3 batches of white for each sneaker color.
I have 35 stackable racks-the nice big ones that were able to hold 1 dozen apiece so that is how I broke it down. I also have some smaller cheapy racks(about 20) that would hold about 10 cookies each. On the days I had 700 to do, I had to use my big plastic bins as well. There were cookies everywhere!
I would base coat one day-add the white trim and accents the next. I had to package them before I could move on to the next batch. I used my impluse sealer-which was a god-send.
I had two really horrible days-Wednesday and Thursday because I had to do 700 cookies in that time. (Never again!!!!)
I was up and working at 4:00 am and went to bed at 11:30/12:00 for 3 of the days.
The cookies were packaged in boxes sized 24 x 18 x 10- 2 layers of 150 cookies in each box. (300 total)

Was it worth it?
Pros-great cause, lots of exposure in a huge company. Money was good.
Cons-I was miserable-by Thursday I thought if I saw another cookie I would go crazy.
My hand is still very sore.
Had to turn down multiple orders(Mother's Day week) in order to get this done.
My family is just now talking to me again-I was awful and flipped out by the end of the week.

Mmmm...I'll get back to you on whether or not it was worth it.

gottabakenow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gottabakenow Posted 16 May 2008 , 9:21pm
post #19 of 19

WOW WOW WOW! were they feeding cookies to the whole world maybe? icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%