Your Cake Pictures...

Decorating By flayvurdfun Updated 9 Dec 2009 , 10:22pm by JanH

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:07pm
post #121 of 138

Good God people....you seriously thought they deleted the pictures???

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:15pm
post #122 of 138

I too agree with Nikki

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:24pm
post #123 of 138

It's a web site. Glitches happen and updates need to be made. Patience.

And the site is FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE! We don't pay a penny. Did I mention it's free? Some of you sound very ungrateful right now.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:24pm
post #124 of 138

Seriously... a little digging and you all would have found the post in Technical Support forum where Jackie said that it's a display issue with the servers. The pictures are all still there, they just aren't displaying where they are tagged to do so. icon_biggrin.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:28pm
post #125 of 138

Yup FromScratch that is where I looked first! I was ready to post a topic asking about it, but there was already one there that Jackie answered.

FromScratch Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 8:51pm
post #126 of 138

Makes sense to me sadsmile... icon_wink.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

Technical issue... check out the support forums before going around saying the sky is falling.

This site is for sharing pictures... they would never delete all of the pictures. And if for some reason they had to... they would give fair warning.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:20pm
post #127 of 138

I have not been on all day, so this panic attack cracked me up -- and I'm truly not being snarky as grace should always be extended to those who have not been around the CC block too many times --but I just can't get the image of Henny Penny out of my head!!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

bakerybybill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerybybill Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:30pm
post #128 of 138

I will keep asking my friends to check back on site. I want to give thanks to all that keep this site as great as it is.

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 9:57pm
post #129 of 138

So I know they're still working on things, but how does this affect forum posts? Last night, I was so excited that I could actually give advice on a forum. I'm really new and not very good yet, so this was a big thing to me to feel I might contribute or help someone. My husband kept chastising me to go to sleep, but I just wanted to finish my post. So it got posted as the second reply in that forum. I went back this morning and my post was gone with four more replies there. At first, I was quite hurt by it, thinking someone thought my advice was pathetic and took it off. But now I hope it was just "lost" during the upgrades and changes. I still don't expect it to show back up since the other posts are there and mine isn't, but is there anyway to confirm that it wasn't deleted on purpose because someone thought my advice was worthless?
Thanks!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:06pm
post #130 of 138

Only you or the moderators can delete your post. Moderators are not going to delete your post unless you are being very, very, very, very , VERY inappropiate. no reason to have hurt feelings. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:08pm
post #131 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateLS

So I know they're still working on things, but how does this affect forum posts?

Anytime a site/system is being worked on (ANY site), there are things that are going to be all wonky while they're working on it.

It's never anything personal.

Sometimes, stuff just happens. No reason. It just does.

__Jamie__ Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:08pm
post #132 of 138

Bwahahahaha....if anyone could delete anyone's posts....I'd have maybe 3 total posts left around here....haaa haaaa (snor snort snicker snicker)

FromScratch Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:14pm
post #133 of 138

KateLS... I know when I was posting last night I got a few "debug" messages... it could be that there was a hiccup and your post just didn't go through.

Jamie... 3??? Are you sure it'd even be that many?? icon_wink.gif (you know I'm just joshin' with you and I *heart* you girl).

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:15pm
post #134 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateLS

is there anyway to confirm that it wasn't deleted on purpose because someone thought my advice was worthless?

I'm usually the only moderator on CC in the wee hours of the morning...
And I didn't delete any posts.

In fact, several of mine were lost when I began getting error messages and experiencing technical difficulties - until I finally got bumped off CC.

CC has so many members in so many different time zones that's it's impossible for updates to be made at a time when no members are online.

__Jamie__ Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:15pm
post #135 of 138

No, you're right Jeanne, it would be one. This one. And then it would be gone too. icon_biggrin.gif

KateLS Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:17pm
post #136 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Only you or the moderators can delete your post. Moderators are not going to delete your post unless you are being very, very, very, very , VERY inappropiate. no reason to have hurt feelings. icon_smile.gif

That's what I was thinking, but I hadn't gotten on since I had posted it. And I was giving my suggestions about fondant stripes. I dunno...maybe I come to this site so much that I grabbed my iPod in the middle of the night and deleted it... =|
What was strange too was that you know how you automatically get notified of new posts once you've made a reply? Well, that's what I got this morning. So that's when I went to the forum and saw I was no longer there. Well, water under the bridge. Thanks for the reply LaBellaFlor.

KateLS Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:20pm
post #137 of 138

Wow!!! a lot of post since I did my last one! Thanks all! It makes me feel better! =)

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 10:22pm
post #138 of 138

(From the Technical forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie

I am in the process of fixing some server issues. The photos are not gone. There is currently some sort of display issue I should have worked out shortly.

Thanks!

I'm locking this thread (temporarily) because it has nothing to do with flayvurdfun's explanation of the cake picture policy.

Please feel free to start a new thread on this subject.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%