Diy "ghetto Fabulous" Cupcake Courier

Baking By AKA_cupcakeshoppe Updated 30 Mar 2014 , 9:53pm by daisybee

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 12 Jul 2008 , 12:23pm
post #61 of 108

Can i ask for any Mod to please move this thread to the cupcakes forum? thanks icon_smile.gif

suky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suky Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 5:37am
post #62 of 108

open a post, a copy and paste the link for this in a cupcake forum.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:37pm
post #63 of 108

it has already been moved.

thanks mods! icon_smile.gif

isista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isista Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 3:57pm
post #64 of 108

that is a wonderful idea!!!
thanks for sharing...

SweetToothFairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetToothFairy Posted 15 Jul 2008 , 4:39pm
post #65 of 108

awesome!!!

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 12:12am
post #66 of 108

I have two nice large plastic containers with lids and handles (bought from ABC catalog years ago), and I usually use the foam shelf liners to prevent the CC's from slipping but then there's the tipping problem icon_cry.gif . Now I'm thinking of gluing the cups into my containers...what a great idea you've come up with!! I wonder if Smart N Final would carry this size...
Thanks for sharing thumbs_up.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 21 Jul 2008 , 4:33am
post #67 of 108

am glad it has helped you guys. icon_smile.gif

i'm actually trying to develop a 2.0 version icon_smile.gif

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 6:53am
post #68 of 108

I finally had some cupcakes that needed to travel so I was able to make the "fabulous" courier! I just put 5 drops of super glue gel on the bottom edges of each cup. It worked great there was no tipping over, even with the long drive and the weight of the cupcakes. I will definately use this again!!! Since I did use this as a part of the display next time I'll wrap the sides of each cup with some pretty wrapping paper or something.

Great idea cupcakeshoppe!! The possibilites are endless! THANK YOU!!!

I have a pic in my gallery of it. Its the car cupcakes in the shape of a number 2.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 28 Jul 2008 , 8:20am
post #69 of 108

it looks great! icon_smile.gif

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 2 Aug 2008 , 3:07am
post #70 of 108

love it!

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:27am
post #71 of 108

fantastic idea. I can't get a hold of cupcake carriers here and when I do come across them they are just too expensive and I have been wondering how to transport them.

You have solved my dilemma and thank you kindly!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 11 Aug 2008 , 4:31am
post #72 of 108

Cupcakeshoppe! Guess what?? I have an order for 120 cuppies for school on Wed! I love your invention and posted in another topic about how easy it was and didn't remember your name. Then you said "it's me!!" Anyway..... icon_redface.gif just wanted to thank you thank you thank you again! I can't even imagine how I would've gotten all those cuppies to school before icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Let me know about the 2.0 version!!!!! LOL!!!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 1:59pm
post #73 of 108

you're welcome Michelle icon_biggrin.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:24pm
post #74 of 108

I was wondering if any of those who have made this could please tell me what type of glue they used to glue the cups to the boards? I plan on making these to tote 200 cupcakes this weekend, but would like to make the boards today if possible .. thanks!!!

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:56pm
post #75 of 108

I've used hot glue with mine but also read that someone used superglue. Either way, both of those are doable right away! It works great!! icon_lol.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:00pm
post #76 of 108

I just used regular school glue. it's clear glue and it dries clear too. very tacky. some fell off but i glued them back on again. if you can find those super glues, i think they might be stronger icon_smile.gif good luck!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:43pm
post #77 of 108

Very clever idea! You are a genius!
Thanks for the tip!

icon_wink.gif

famousamous Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
famousamous Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 4:38pm
post #78 of 108

I used super glue gel. It comes in a pack of 2 little tubes and its onnly 99 cents at walmart. I like the gel cause it stays wet a little longer than regular super glue.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 4:39pm
post #79 of 108

i also liked using the dab glue because it's not messy and gives you just the right amount of glue icon_biggrin.gif i have a thing for paste and glue haha

jlynn21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynn21 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 9:14pm
post #80 of 108

I finally found the nut cups to make this cupcake courier! I got them at Party City. They are actually a Wilton item. I am soo excited as I had looked every where else!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 12:25am
post #81 of 108

That is a terrific idea! I'm always taking cupcakes somewhere and they are always sliding around. I bet you could even re-use the plastic cups that you cut up if you put them in the dishwasher. =o)

Pastelitoz4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastelitoz4u Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 6:09am
post #82 of 108

WOW that is one great idea. Hey, when you need something fast....this is sure to work. Thanks for the post.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 1:34pm
post #83 of 108

you're welcome! icon_biggrin.gif

JennaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennaB Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 6:56pm
post #84 of 108

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!......What a fantastic idea. I wish I had seen this before I invested in 2 couriers from BB&B at $30 apiece a few weeks ago (I'm returning ASAP if I find my receipts). Can't wait to see the 2.0 version.

If you have Smart & Final in your area, they do carry those plastic cups. I buy them all the time with lids so that I can send fruit, veggies, pudding and jello in kids lunch and not have to buy those overpriced individual serving the companies are producing now.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 4:53pm
post #85 of 108

hope someone can use this idea.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 5:35pm
post #86 of 108

There's a paper goods and party supply store near here, and they sell little plastic "condiment cups" in bulk. They're slightly shorter than cupcake papers and would probably be perfect for this idea. I don't even think they'd need to be cut down.

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 7:08am
post #87 of 108

this is a great idea... i just wish i see this a few earlier... anway, i am very excited to try this one of this days... thanks cupcakeshppe for sharing with us =)

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 7:32am
post #88 of 108

Ok I love the GHETTO FABULOUS CUPCAKE COURIER...and must make one LOL as I have 24 cuppies waiting to be delivered tomorrow.

This is a fantastic idea, you are BRILLIANT!!!!

I know this post is pretty self explanatory but I would love to see a step by step tutorial posted on CC, for anyone who may have missed this posting icon_smile.gif

Awesome!!!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 6 Aug 2009 , 3:37pm
post #89 of 108

you're welcome, maimai and misslizzy. Am glad my brainstorming was not for naught. haha I don't know how to do a tutorial and I guess I'll just keep bumping this thread when I see someone asking for a cheap-o cupcake courier. icon_biggrin.gif

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 5:17pm
post #90 of 108

Before I head out to buy supplies for my own GFCC, can someone tell me how many cuppies will fit in the 14x20 box? Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%