I Am Irrate!!!

Business By augustaharrison Updated 10 May 2008 , 11:05am by michellesArt

augustaharrison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augustaharrison Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:25am
post #1 of 12

Just had someone cancel on me after I made the cake!!! Here is the story...a co-worker came to me and asked me to make the cake for another co-worker's bachelorette party. She asked me to make a "nice" cake and a "naughty" cake-for free no less. I agreed because I am also doing my co-workers wedding cake plus everyone was supposed to bring something anyway. My husband and I spent all day baking, had to go to work( I work nights as a nurse) and leave DH home to finish the baking. I just found out from someone else that it was cancelled. I am so mad!!!! icon_mad.gif I now have cake for 50+ people and nothing to do with it. No idea what to do with all that cake. Must now bite my tongue for the rest of the night tapedshut.gif

11 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 9 May 2008 , 4:29am
post #2 of 12

wrap it, freeze it, and make one kick arse cake for memorial day!!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 9 May 2008 , 5:15am
post #3 of 12

YOu could even take some of it to work and tell them that you had already had everything before they told you it was cancelled and you are not about to let a good cake go to waste!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 9 May 2008 , 11:41am
post #4 of 12

They haven't told you yet? "someone else" might not have their story straight....you might wait till you hear it from them, i'm trying to learn to give people the benefit of the doubt.

hey it's not wasted if you didn't decorate it yet!...they keep a long time in the freezer

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 9 May 2008 , 12:02pm
post #5 of 12

I agree. I would put it in the freezer. You can never have too many back ups. Well wrapped cake freezes for almost ever!
Good luck & keep your cool whatever goes around comes around too. I am a firm beleiver in that.

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 9 May 2008 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 12

I would definately talk to the person that ordered it before assuming it was cancelled. And if it is...that was your contribution to the party, if it were me, I'd take it anyway!

andrea7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andrea7 Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 12

I used to work for a upscale french bakery. They would require your credit card information upfront if you wanted anything for order. If you didn't show up for the cake you still got charged, regardless. This is my policy too. I have never been stood up or had something canceled. At least this was a smaller order to learn from. It's sad you can't trust people but at least you can protect yourself from this happening again.
Andrea

augustaharrison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augustaharrison Posted 10 May 2008 , 7:03am
post #8 of 12

Yes the party really was cancelled. My lesson has been learned...no more freebies...even for friends. I did wrap the cakes and put them in the freezer. Lucky me has a wedding coming up in two weeks that I can use them for. Thanks for all of your support...it just gets frustrating some time (and I am just starting out!).

minerva16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minerva16 Posted 10 May 2008 , 7:32am
post #9 of 12

You can always donate the cake to a homeless shelter or a group home.

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 10 May 2008 , 10:58am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustaharrison

Yes the party really was cancelled. My lesson has been learned...no more freebies...even for friends. I did wrap the cakes and put them in the freezer. Lucky me has a wedding coming up in two weeks that I can use them for. Thanks for all of your support...it just gets frustrating some time (and I am just starting out!).

I guess I misunderstood.....I thought only the cake was cancelled not the entire party! You can always look at it this way...atleast you got out of doing a bunch of the work for FREE! No freebies on this end...EVER! icon_wink.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 10 May 2008 , 11:01am
post #11 of 12

LESS WORK IN 2 WEEKS! hey that's always good!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 10 May 2008 , 11:05am
post #12 of 12

now you're one step ahead for this other wedding-one door closes and but there's always a window icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%