Cake Competition August 8/15-8/16 Anaheim, Ca

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 17 May 2008 , 12:37am by diane

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 9 May 2008 , 12:02am
post #1 of 3

Just a reminder-

I hope you CC members can visit Duff, Mary Alice and Geoff at a ACE of CAKE Taping on August 15-17, 2008 near Disneyland, CA. Visit www.abfevents.com for more details.

Also here is an article about the cake competition that will also be held at the food expo event. Duff Goldman, Nina Hunter, and Browyn Weber, Christopher Bader and Tom Henzi are the judges.

Article:

Monday, April 21, 2008
Cake team from Art Institute of Dallas to compete in California in August

By Pegasus News wire
Email   Print   Tell us your story   Comment
This American-themed cake won first prize at the Art Institute of Dallas.

This American-themed cake won first prize at the Art Institute of Dallas.

The Art Institute of Dallas hosted a cake competition at the school on Saturday April 12, and the winning team of two will compete in a national competition August 15-16 in California.

The First Place winners who will move on to the competition in California are Heather Sapp and Charlie Edwards, with their American-themed cake (pictured, right).

Mary Carter of the Celebrity Food Show is hosting the national cake decorating competition, and has invited Art Institute culinary students exclusively to participate. Judges include Duff Goldman (Ace of Cakes/Food Network Celebrity Chef), Executive Chef and World Pastry Winners Christoph Bader and Thomas Henzi, as well as Mary Carter, Show Producer.
Nina Hunter and Bronwyn Weber

Nina Hunter and Bronwyn Weber

Chef and Art Institute instructor Nina Hunter arranged for local pastry chef and frequent Food Network cake challenge winner Bronwyn Weber to judge the local competition, along with Bill Hunter CEPC and Chef Larry Matson CEC, CCE.

Source: Art Institute of Dallas

2 replies
lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 16 May 2008 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 3

Bumping this! Is anyone going? My company is sponsoring the Ace of Cakes event, and I get to go! I'm going by myself so wondering if any other CC'rs are heading to CA in August as well?

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 17 May 2008 , 12:37am
post #3 of 3

man...i wish i lived near there...i love duff!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%