Sorry To Ask But What Is Liquid Glucose?

Decorating By mommabeaver25 Updated 8 May 2008 , 10:52pm by JoAnnB

mommabeaver25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabeaver25 Posted 8 May 2008 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 3

I've always bought fondant. But I was given a recipe for it and wanted to try it out but I have no clue what liquid glucose is or where to find it. And powder gelletine? I keep thinking jello but I know that is not right so where do I find this also? TIA

2 replies
Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 8 May 2008 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 3

not sure about the glucose, but it would probably be sold at a cake supply store? the gelatin would be a plain powder gelatin, not jell-o. one brand I know of is knox, which is what I personally use. If you don't have any luck with the recipe you have, you should try the one I put on this site - Michele Foster's delicious fondant. It does use the knox gelatin and also glycerin, but it tastes great and is nice to work with.

Good luck!

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 8 May 2008 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 3

Powdered gelatin is available where the Jello is, Knox makes the most familiar brand. It is unflavored and clear.

Glucose is a liquid sugar. You can find it in decorating supply stores, (michaels/Hobby lobby) You can sub clear corn syrup if there is nothing else available. And if desperate, you can leave it out. It can effect the moisture level so use care when you add the powdered sugar not to add too much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%