Cupcake Wedding. Huge Question!

Decorating By brink317 Updated 8 May 2008 , 9:12pm by loriemoms

brink317 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brink317 Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #1 of 6

I posted earlier about a cupcake tree for a wedding and got great responses! Thank you!

This is my first ever inquiry for a wedding, so Im totally new to figuring this all out.

The bride wanted 350 cupcakes and a small cake for them to cut. BUT, she is only expecting 230-250 guests. She thought she'd order 350 in case guests want seconds. Is this normal? I would normally think maybe add 5% to the guest total. So that would be roughly 260 or so since some people dont eat cake at weddings.

Thoughts??? Give it to me thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 6

I guess if she knows she is buying extra....maybe you shoulod have her consider what other food she is having as well. that should really impact how many cupcakes....

Jullia

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 6

Nope, I'd estimate 50-66% of the guest count....and after drinks, multi-course meals, dancing, etc., there's no way everyone will eat a cupcake or two. She's setting herself up for a lot of needless expense and waste. thumbsdown.gif

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:59pm
post #4 of 6

if she's paying for it...do it! some brides are just more generous than others. i'm doing a cupcake tower for june, and my bride ordered 225 cupcakes (150 for the "bride cake" and 75 for the "groom" cake) to be done in two towers; she's expecting 180-200 so there isn't going to be that much left over. it just depends on your bride. like i said if she's paying for it..do it!

hth
chris

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 6

I've only done two cupcake wedding cakes but in both cases, they bride told me they could have used more because everyone wanted more than one.

I say if she wants to buy more, let it go. I always tell my brides, if you have some cake left over, everyone is always looking to have some the next day.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:12pm
post #6 of 6

I agree, I have done a bunch of cupcakes weddings and the bride always ordered a little extra...cupcakes are just easier to grab and you will find more people will eat them or take thiers home for later. Easier then a piece of cake. I had one bride who ordered a huge cake and cupcakes for the kids table!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%