Which Mixer Do You Recomend?

Decorating By misabel99 Updated 9 May 2008 , 6:18am by misabel99

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 6

Hi I want to buy a mixer the problem is that I don't know which one to get and if you know any store that has a special will be better icon_lol.gif TIA

5 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 8 May 2008 , 8:50pm
post #2 of 6

VIKING imo it's the only choice. KA used to be the king of the hill. The only prob is Hobart doesn't make them any more, Whirlpool does. Here's what my Viking just got done with. It made cake batter. Then it handled 3 1/2#s of high gluten flour for bread. Later today it will mix some IMBC. I'll give you a link to where I got mine. It's a recon that carries the very same warrenty as new does. The warrenty works to. I got stupid one day, and tried to put 5#s of HG flour through it. Needless to say I blew all the fuses it had LOLOL icon_biggrin.gif They fixed it no Qs asked. Well some actually LOL the guy said "I never seen that fuse blow before" LOLOL Well I'm special that's all. icon_biggrin.gif Here's where I got mine. http://www.mcnicholselectric.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4

Mike

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 8 May 2008 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 6

Well, somethings to consider on the viking....i am speaking to the 7qt....small things don't mix as well because the bottom is so narrow down there. I seem to have to scrape the sides more than on my kitchen aid. And I HATE HATE HATE the head lift. it just seems to make a bigger mess and it is a pain under my counter...so check the height on that. Good things though it really mixes a lot and is heavy duty.

I loved me 6qt KA but it was too small capacity and i broke it making mmf. I make that by hand now. IF KA was larger and still had bowl lift I would get that. If I did not need the 7qt I would get a KA....

HTH Julia

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 9 May 2008 , 12:20am
post #4 of 6

I think it really depends on what you are willing to spend. I was on a limited budget and couldn't afford a KA as so many on this site reccomend. I bought a Cooks (JcPenney) brand for about 1/2 the price of the KA and I am very happy with it (It's currently on sale for 150). There are a ton of options out there. I think it really depends on your budget and how rough you plan to use it.

HTH

Judi

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 9 May 2008 , 12:57am
post #5 of 6

I use a KA for a small single recipe or something that doesn't require as much power. I have a 7 qt. Viking for larger amounts or items that would cause the KA to struggle. My Viking does not fit under my cabinets, so I keep it on an island and move it when I need to use it. I have really enjoyed both brands. Our KA's are quite old and still going. The Viking is approx. 2 years old. I have never had a problem with any of them.

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 9 May 2008 , 6:18am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for you help I was thinking to get the KA professional 600 but know - have to see the viking.and make my decision.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%