Bake Even Strips?

Decorating By makenice99 Updated 8 May 2008 , 5:38pm by makenice99

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 4

1) Please pardon this question but I am at my wits end. My cakes are coming out very uneven because my stove isnât balance correctly. I am having a hard time finding someone to come and make the adjustment for me. I canât do it because I donât know what to do and canât do much bending & lifting.

My question, will bake even strip or wet towels help even though itâs the stove that isnât level correctly?

2) I was reading a post on here a few days ago and it mentioned how scratch cakes are always flatter then Box cakes? Since I am new to baking and have been using scratch I always thought it to myself. But know that I see itâs true, why is it flatter than box mixes?

3 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 4

The bake even strips will keep your cake from doming in the center but if your oven isn't level your cakes won't be either. I don't bake from scratch so I can't help you with that. You might try filling your pans 3/4 ful then level your cakes ater they cool.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 8 May 2008 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 4

An old bakery trick, put a wedge of aluminum foil under the side that bakes lower. You can re-use the aluminum foil again and again. Instant leveler.

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 4

I love this place icon_biggrin.gif !!!!! You all are the best. "wedge of aluminum foil" I can so do that....You rock thumbs_up.gif Thank you both so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%