Torting Cakes

Decorating By connie1220 Updated 23 May 2008 , 2:35pm by Jayde

connie1220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
connie1220 Posted 8 May 2008 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 5

I have a ?. Do you normally torte your 12" cakes or do you just put a 12" cake, layer w/filling then a 12" on top then crumb coat and decorate? The ones I made are 2" cakes. A dummy cake is going on top of the 12"so I don't know if I should torte them and wouldit make it to high. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you, Connie

4 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 22 May 2008 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 5

I normally just stack the 2" cakes on top of each other, with a filling in between

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 23 May 2008 , 7:12am
post #3 of 5

I torte everything but then I love fillings and frosting! I'd torte a twinkie if it didn't already having filling in it! lol icon_biggrin.gif

andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:12pm
post #4 of 5

I have tried multiple times to torte (sp?) my cakes, and each time it turns into a disaster. I have come to the conclusion that I must be doing something seriously wrong, and until I figure out what it is I am just gonna ice between the two cake layers. Don't know if that helps any, but that's my experience/opinion.

Dana

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 23 May 2008 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with Mrs Missey. I stack a 2-inch, then filling, then another 2-inch. No torting, makes for faster, and easier, and less stressful cake decorating IMO. I will tort however if the customer asks for extra filling, but I hate doing it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%