How Do I Attach Ribbon To Fondant?

Decorating By maude Updated 8 May 2008 , 1:29am by Jayde

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:06am
post #1 of 4

What is the best way to attach ribbon and artificial flowers to a cake covered with MMF?

3 replies
kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:14am
post #2 of 4

adding a dot of buttercream to the back of your accent should be sufficient, if you are worried that your accent is too big or heavy, royal icing will hold it on there good!

HTH thumbs_up.gif

maude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maude Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:19am
post #3 of 4

Thank you for the info Kimberlina25. I am making my first fondant covered wedding cake next weekend, wish me luck.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:29am
post #4 of 4

I use buttercream dotted, and also for a different look, I have used pearled hatpins stuck straight through the ribbon and into the cake. I use 3 for wide ribbon to make sure that it holds. I push them all the way in until you only see the little pearl head.

For flowers I use those disposable little green plastic things that your florist gives you to put on the end of roses. You fill them with water and they are supposed to keep the flowers fresh? My florist gives them to me by the handful, so I cut my flowers short, stick them in the green tubes, minus the water, and make a small slit in my fondant. I press the tube into the slit until its far enough in that I am satisfied with the look.

They are super cheap, and super easy to work with. That way also if the bride wants to keep the flowers she can, and I even had a friend who gathered up all the flowers that were on her cake, tied them with ribbon, and threw that instead of her bouquet, so she could save her bouquet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%