Ideas For An Interactive Cake

Decorating By Imshelliee Updated 10 May 2008 , 9:15am by Imshelliee

Imshelliee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Imshelliee Posted 7 May 2008 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 4

Hello Everyone! let me first say I LOVE THIS WEBSITE and 2ndly THANK YOU ahead of time for taking the time to read/respond.
Here's my issue. I love to make cakes that are interactive in some way. I've made volcanos explode, spooky cemetary wells bubble over and creepy cabins emmit fog (all done with dry ice). Now I'm about to do another cake for this school and the theme is "fanasty escape 2008". I've decided to make a cake similar to one I found here (I'll be using all fondant/sugarpast and a little different creatures)

http://www.lindyscakes.co.uk/SB-Storybook.jpg

but am now trying to find a way to make it do something. I was thinking maybe blinking lights in the windows (the judging will be in the daylight so I'm not so sure they'll even be visible). Any other ideas? I realize this is a bit more difficult since its a book... but there must be SOMETHING i can do to personlize it! icon_smile.gif any info will be helpful! thank you again!

3 replies
cakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjen Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:37am
post #2 of 4

if you do a castle scene like the picture, i think the dry ice would work if you wouldn't mind using it again, like around a mout or out of a dragon's nostrils? not sure how you would do this but i'm sure you have some idea already icon_biggrin.gif

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 8 May 2008 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 4

i think the above comment is a good one, not sure what theme you're going with on the book, but if you included a dragon, smoke coming out of his nostrils would be awesome.

Imshelliee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Imshelliee Posted 10 May 2008 , 9:15am
post #4 of 4

humm... now to work out the logistics...
any other ideas?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%