2 Cake Flavors In One Pan, But Not Marbled

Decorating By butterflywings Updated 7 May 2008 , 9:00pm by butterflywings

butterflywings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflywings Posted 7 May 2008 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 7

I am doing a 12" x 12" grad cake for Friday and the client has asked if I could make it 1/2 choc, 1/2 vanilla. I know I saw a thread a couple of weeks ago about pouring 2 different flavored batters into the same pan without them mixing, but I can't remember all the suggestions, nor can I find that thread. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

6 replies
mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 7 May 2008 , 8:32pm
post #2 of 7

I do this quite a bit. I just have my husband pour one batter from one side while I pour the other from the other side. they meet in the middle.

thumbs_up.gif ~Mindy

mjarvis78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjarvis78 Posted 7 May 2008 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 7

When I do 1/2 & 1/2, I do one layer choc and the other vanilla...kind of alternating them.

HTH

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 7 May 2008 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 7

Someone did them with bright colors and poured one color in first and then poured the other gently on top.

butterflywings Posted 7 May 2008 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 7

they never mix?

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 7 May 2008 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 7

If you want a 'crisp' line in the middle use a piece of heavy duty foil, fold it a few times to make it kind of thick, then place that down the middle of the pan. Pour your batter into each side respectively then pull out the foil. (Usually I bend the foil into an L or T shape so it stands up on it's own. Or, if you can get someone to help you, do the 'both of you pour at the same time' method. That works great!!

butterflywings Posted 7 May 2008 , 9:00pm
post #7 of 7

thank ladies.... i knew the solution would be relatively simple... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%