For Cali4Dawn...

Decorating By nejiad Updated 7 Mar 2005 , 1:21am by GHOST_USER_NAME

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 3:13am
post #31 of 45

What is high-ratio? icon_redface.gif Is it just a more expensive kind of shortening or what? icon_surprised.gif Thank you........... icon_biggrin.gif

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 3:53am
post #32 of 45

Okay, it took me awhile, but I finally was able to test this issue. I made a batch using Karo syrup and then made another batch using the store brand of syrup and got the same results...no problems whatsoever. I used Crisco in my recipe, so I am totally clueless with this problem.
There is a side note that I would like to add. I do not want to offend anyone, but I have come to feel that you all are a part of my extended family. I have been diagnosed with having melanoma, and recently had my second surgery for it. The doctors think that it may have spread, so I am scheduled to undergo even more tests and possibly more surgeries. For those of you who believe in prayer, please keep me and my family in your prayers.
Thanks,
Joanie

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 6:07am
post #33 of 45

Dear Joanie~
The power of prayer is like no other & I don't care if that offends anyone!Like I sign in my posts... If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it!! You are in my prayers~ Keep your faith~ Always carry it with you~~ I'll pass your prayer request on to my friends & family!
Sending Many Blessings, ~Tina~

suzyqqq27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzyqqq27 Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 7:16am
post #34 of 45

My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

I shall ask my husband to pray for you.

Suzanne M.

jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 8:58am
post #35 of 45

Joanie, Our thoughts and prayers include you, we believe.
Joann

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 2:53pm
post #36 of 45

Joaine....you are right, we are like one big family with a common bond. It doesn't matter that most of us have never met and can't even put a face to the names we know..we are still a family. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you always! Please keep us updated!

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 5:44pm
post #37 of 45

Joanie,

I definitely am a believer in the power of prayer!! You will certainly be remembered in our prayers!

Amy

cakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 6:32pm
post #38 of 45

Prayer........you got it my friend............ icon_smile.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 23 Feb 2005 , 9:38pm
post #39 of 45

cali4dawn,
He will not give you more than you can bear!!
prayers are with you!

prettytoya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettytoya Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 12:17am
post #40 of 45

Always remember-PRAYER CHANGES THINGS! My family and I will definitly pray for you. I am at home recouperating from pneumonia AND the flu and I am a living witness that pray WORKS!!!

sweeterbug1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeterbug1977 Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 4:03am
post #41 of 45

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate it very much.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Feb 2005 , 8:53pm
post #42 of 45

Consider it done... prayers sent....

I also have tried the different things we've spoke of...

No difference. So I'm also at a loss on helping the two who had failed experiments.

Ivana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivana Posted 25 Feb 2005 , 3:00am
post #43 of 45

thanks for considering us part of your family . I belive in the power of God , the word of God say "ask and you shall receive, seek end you shall find ". you definitely shall be in our prayers . many blessings for you

Ivana

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 6 Mar 2005 , 8:55pm
post #44 of 45

Hi everyone!

I had been following this thread and couldn't wait to try this glaze. I have been using the "tinted marshmallow fluff" method and was excited to not have to go to all that trouble!

So, I tried it today and mine also separated!!!!!!!!!! I used two different containers (from two different stores) of Crisco, which bothed looked, tasted, and smelled fine. Everything was namebrand.

As I started to panic since I was running out of time, my husband suggested I heat the icing/syrup mixture. I first put a small bowl in the microwave for 10 seconds, stirred, and then 15 seconds. It was great!!!!! I then let it cool for a few minutes and applied it to the cake!

That has been several hours and the leftover it still fine. My husband delivered the cake and said when he left it it looked great!

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 7 Mar 2005 , 1:21am
post #45 of 45

southerncake-

Fantastic!!!!!! OK- so I have to add that to my bag-o-tips for future reference. That's just wild- but it worked and that's all that matters in the end.

OK_ those of you who had some separate- please try this, let me know.

Thanks!!

tcturtleshell- did anyone ever answer your hi-ratio shortening question?

It's shortening that's made differently. It's not just merely expensive (I'm a stickler for not wasting money on silliness)- it has a hint of a sweet smell to it, but doesn't make the icing too sweet. It has better fats in it. It's not nearly as greasy in your mouth compared to Crisco based icings.

HTHs!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%