How Many Will This Feed????/

Decorating By amoos Updated 8 May 2008 , 5:29am by amoos

amoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amoos Posted 6 May 2008 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 6

12 - 9 - 6

I plan on making each tier double layer with filling. Wilton chart says almost 200, but that seems like ALOT! Not sure how many servings they want yet, as he's going to contact me tomorrow about it.

Big opportunity to make a chief's (air force) retirement cake and just trying to get the pricing right. He wants a replica of a cake I made previously......same size as above, with fillings and I made a fondant flag draping the cake.

Help with pricing?????? I WAY underprice myself!!! HELP icon_smile.gif

5 replies
JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 6 May 2008 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 6

According to Earlene's serving chart, it would serve 80. I think her chart is much more reasonable!

http://www.earlenescakes.com/ckserchart.htm

Jodie

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:15am
post #3 of 6

What Wilton Chart are you looking at? The one I use says this will serve 100 (12/9/6 = 56+32+12 servings).

http://www.wilton.com/wedding/cakeinfo/cakedata.cfm

amoos Posted 7 May 2008 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 6

indydebi, I was doubling (making each tier double layer with filling) the amt b/c I was going to do 2 layers....2" + 2"......so I thought the pieces would be cut smaller since it would be over 4" tall instead of the 2" Wilton's said. Am I wrong in that? I was trying to give it more height and that's how I usually do it. Is it better just to slice in half instead of do 2???

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 8 May 2008 , 1:30am
post #5 of 6

Wilton's servings are for 4" worth of cake if you add more filling in there than one layer there is still 4" of cake.

The chart debi references is 1"x2"x4" pieces

amoos Posted 8 May 2008 , 5:29am
post #6 of 6

HAHA, I'm a dummy!!! Didn't even notice the "2layer" part. SORRY!!! Thanks for clearing that up b/c I was REALLY starting to get confused. I know how many pieces I cut from a cake and was REALLY wondering how they were able to stretch it so far, haha. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%