Ka Pasta Attachment?

Decorating By marccrand Updated 6 May 2008 , 8:51pm by Auryn

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:33am
post #1 of 7

We bought a pasta attachment for our KA 600 Pro (which is fabulous) but can't get the fondant to feed through the attachment. Are both of the rollers supposed to turn, or just one of them? How thick should the ball be to feed through? What number do you start on? What are we doing wrong? HELP!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

6 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:22am
post #2 of 7

I always start at a larger setting and then move down. I believe both rollers should move too.

I didn't have much luck using my KA pasta roller because even after 15 minutes of cleaning the roller with a Q-tip, I still couldn't get hidden bits of fondant out which in turn got left behind on my next color of fondant that I put through. Not good.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:20am
post #3 of 7

I have an old hand-crank pasta machine and it doesn't do well with fondant either...but the idea when you're rolling anything is to start with the widest setting and then move through the thinner settings until you get the thickness you want.

Really, nothing beats a silicone mat and a rolling pin icon_biggrin.gif

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:34am
post #4 of 7

Good to know MichelleM77! I was having the same problems with my clay/pasta hand crank machine and thought that spending extra on a KA would solve it. Guess not.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 6 May 2008 , 6:00am
post #5 of 7

i have used my pasta roller on my kitchen aid. It works fine. I don't color it though. All of it is white.

marccrand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marccrand Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 7

julzs71, Do both of the rollers turn? Only one of ours is turning and I think that is the problem, but I'm not sure. Is #1 the widest?

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 6 May 2008 , 8:51pm
post #7 of 7

they are both supposed to turn
its easy to tell which is the biggest setting
when you change them the space between the rolls will get bigger

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%