Make Mini Cakes

Decorating By kristina67 Updated 16 May 2008 , 12:04am by kaymak

kristina67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristina67 Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:44am
post #1 of 6

I just received my order of 3 and 4 inch cake pans in the mail today...boy are they small! I plan on using the 4 in round and square, however I can only bake 4- 2inch deep at one time. How long can the cake batter sit out while I make 4 at a time. Should I refrigerate the batter? For some reason I thought they were going to be deep enough that each pan would be 4 inches deep, so one cake would be finished when it came out of the oven. However it looks like I will have to make 3 of them for 1 cake. Does that make sense? Since I need 10 cakes I guess I should get going. Ughh icon_cry.gif

5 replies
kaymak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaymak Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 6

I am about to buy a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 square cake pan. I can't find anything that tells me how much batter to use. How much are you using in your 4 in pan?

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymak

I am about to buy a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 square cake pan. I can't find anything that tells me how much batter to use. How much are you using in your 4 in pan?

Pour water into your pan to where you want to fill it....pour it back into your measuring cup and you will know how much batter you will need. HTH

ericaann79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaann79 Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 6

Kristina67 - those 4" cakes can't take more than 20 minutes to bake...you might be ok leaving the batter out...but I would refrigerate just in case...won't hurt the batter...I have read that some people don't do it, but I have, I just re-beat it for a few seconds and I have had no problems, but I am no chef...let us know!

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 15 May 2008 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 6

I have poured batter into prepared pans, put them in the fridge, and then straight into the oven even the next day with no problems! You can also safely leave them out on the counter for a few hours. Cooking them will stop anything icky that might begin to happen in it's tracks, anyway.

kaymak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaymak Posted 16 May 2008 , 12:04am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaymak

Pour water into your pan to where you want to fill it....pour it back into your measuring cup and you will know how much batter you will need. HTH

Very creative! thumbs_up.gif I would have never thought about that. Thanks a bunch!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%