Guess What I Am Getting For Mother's Day!!

Decorating By Mandica12182 Updated 15 May 2008 , 10:54pm by Bossy

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 5 May 2008 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 23

An airbrush!!

This one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220229403780&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

My hubby handed me $100 and told me to buy an airbrush....I told them I have been seeing some pretty cheap ones on Ebay!!

I just hope it gets here soon!! I can't wait to play!!

I'll test it out and let you guys know how good/bad it works!! I figured for 85/86 dollars with shipping and everything it can't hurt to try this thing out!

I matched all the details PSI/HP and all that jazz...it seems to have more power than the Kopycake one that sells for 160- 250 dollars!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

22 replies
Mandica12182 Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 23

Well.....I gues I will just celebrate by myself then!! icon_razz.gif

But, seriously....doesn anyone have one like this...or know enough about airbrushes to know if this one is good or not?

I know icon_rolleyes.gif ...a little late to worry about it now...but, I just couldn't help but buy one at that price!! thumbs_up.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 23

I have no idea, just wanted to say Yay for you! party.gif

bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 23

wow. I'm jealous

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:10pm
post #5 of 23

I would also like to know if the one you are getting is a good one. I didn't realize you could get them for so cheap! Now I want one!

Yay for you! Let me know how it works.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 23

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!! princess.gifparty.gif

Mandica12182 Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:17pm
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by amytracy1981

I would also like to know if the one you are getting is a good one. I didn't realize you could get them for so cheap! Now I want one!

Yay for you! Let me know how it works.

AmyTracy1981... my name is Amanda Tracy..so your name stood out to me, and made me chuckle...cause people call me Amy all the time... icon_confused.gif Dunno why but they do!

Yes, I will definetley be updated this thread once it arrives and I see how it works!! Hopefully it works good...then it will be airbrushed for everyone at that low of a price!! thumbs_up.gif

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:18pm
post #8 of 23

Well, you did your research so it should be the bomb!
But do let us know. I want one, too, but am afraid to make the jump.

Happy Mother's Day!

buttercup212215 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercup212215 Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:22pm
post #9 of 23

congrats to you!!!! i have the kopycake one and absolutely love it.

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:23pm
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Quote:

AmyTracy1981... my name is Amanda Tracy..so your name stood out to me, and made me chuckle...cause people call me Amy all the time... Dunno why but they do!

People always call me Tracy icon_lol.gif , I'm like no... it's Amy Tracy not Tracy Amy icon_lol.gif

I can't wait to see how it works! I'll have to talk my husband into getting me one for my Birthday icon_rolleyes.gif

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:33pm
post #11 of 23

Hi, I just wanted to share my airbrush experience... I got one a couple of years ago for Christmas. It's instructions weren't very clear. It isn't the same model, but just in case your acts the same way...
When I first tried it it kept spitting paint in blobs and it looked awful! I just thought "Well, that's what you get when you only pay $100 for an airbrush". The second time I used it, again I couldn't figure out how to get it to not spit globs. Then, the third time I figured out that if you just push the button down half way or less and hold it about 10 -12 inches away, it won't do it. You also may need to do more than one coat, letting it dry a bit in between, if you want a nice dark color (look at my spiderman). If you don't give it time to dry, it will run.

You may not have any of these problems, but they made me want to throw mine out the window. And now that I figured it out, I love it! Hope you love yours!

~Mindy

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:37pm
post #12 of 23

Congrats! That is so awesome. What a great hubby! I'm getting one also! We can celebrate together. party.gifparty.gif

Mandica12182 Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:34pm
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by amytracy1981

Quote:
Quote:

AmyTracy1981... my name is Amanda Tracy..so your name stood out to me, and made me chuckle...cause people call me Amy all the time... Dunno why but they do!

People always call me Tracy icon_lol.gif , I'm like no... it's Amy Tracy not Tracy Amy icon_lol.gif

I can't wait to see how it works! I'll have to talk my husband into getting me one for my Birthday icon_rolleyes.gif

LOL, I get that ALL THE TIME too!! I hate it and curse my husband for having to first names.......the funniest is when I take my son to the pediatrican and they come out and say Tracy...and a little boy walks up...can't twll you how many times they have told him no no not you!!! LOL

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 8 May 2008 , 12:36am
post #14 of 23

I want to buy an airbrush too, but don't know a lot about them so would love to hear about yours when you have had a chance to use it.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 8 May 2008 , 3:39am
post #15 of 23

WOOOHOOOOO!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLAY ON!!!!

Mandica12182 Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:14am
post #16 of 23

Okay...got it today...tried out some red on a piece of paper...works good!!

I could write my name with it, and it looked neat. I give a thumbs up to anyone wanting to buy it...it doesn't have a place to adjust air pressure on the compressor...it's the dual action kind that sprays more paint out the further you pull the trigger back...I LOVE IT!!

coolchc21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolchc21 Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:45am
post #17 of 23

Awesome!! I may have to try this one, thanks for the heads up! icon_biggrin.gif

NayNay2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NayNay2 Posted 14 May 2008 , 12:59am
post #18 of 23

Woohoo!! I would love to have one I guess I'll have to work up to that...but a girl can dream still lol

moxey2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moxey2000 Posted 14 May 2008 , 1:14am
post #19 of 23

Thanks for posting about this! I want an airbrush and I've looked at them on eBay bunches of times, but I've never had the guts to buy one. Now I will! Thanks thumbs_up.gif !

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 14 May 2008 , 2:16pm
post #20 of 23

Thanks for the review! I have the info saved for when I'm ready to make that jump! icon_wink.gif

Mandica12182 Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:17pm
post #21 of 23

Here's a picture of me cute little elephant airbrush!!
lol

And, here's some cupcakes I made just to practice using my airbrush...let me just say....I could use more practice, but it's really fun to use!! The colors got a lot brighter/darker the next day.

Image[/img]

Mandica12182 Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:39pm
post #22 of 23

Geez, those pics are huge!! LOL

Sorry didn't know that would be that big!!

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 15 May 2008 , 10:54pm
post #23 of 23

Wow would I love to get one! Where's the trigger?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%