3D Cake Recipe Needed

Baking By Daddycakes70 Updated 11 Aug 2005 , 5:16pm by Daddycakes70

Daddycakes70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daddycakes70 Posted 10 Aug 2005 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 5

I was curious to see if anyone knew of a good recipe to use for 3D cakes to help them stand up. A regular cake mix just doesn't seem to do as good.

4 replies
junebuggey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
junebuggey Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 4:43am
post #2 of 5

Try Dromadery pound cake. If it is not availavle in you area use a local poundcake mix and add extra flour to stiffen the cake.

Junebuggey

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 4:48am
post #3 of 5

This recipe is awesome! I've gotten so many compliments on it! http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1972-3-Durable-Cake-for-3D-and-Wedding-Cakes.html

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 3:46pm
post #4 of 5

This recipe is from Bunnywoman, a regular on the Wilton site and a perfectly wonderful person!
Bunnywoman's Pound Cake Recipe - or recipe for a stand-up bear or a cake where you need the cake to be able to hold up well
1 pkg any flavour cake mix
1 pkg. of the complimentary flavour of instant pudding mix, 4 servings size - for example for a white mix use vanilla pudding mix, etc.
1 cup whole milk
1 cup Crisco oil
4 large eggs
Blend ingredients for about 1 minute on low then 2 minutes on medium, scraping sides of bowl often. Bake for around the regular time frame, but at 325F.. I found I had to increase the time considerably - probably because of the amount of oil in the liquids. This makes a spongey type of cake, really moist though and good.

Daddycakes70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daddycakes70 Posted 11 Aug 2005 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks a bunch. I'll have to try those recipes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%