Business Names

Business By augustaharrison Updated 6 May 2008 , 3:04am by mkolmar

augustaharrison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augustaharrison Posted 5 May 2008 , 8:20am
post #1 of 10

I am starting up a cake business with my family and am in need of names and of course we can't agree. Here are our ideas 1-A Family Affair (because we are doing it as a familyl) 2-The Cake Hole 3-A Piece of Cake...any input would be greatly appreciated! icon_smile.gif

9 replies
scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 5 May 2008 , 9:23am
post #2 of 10

The name I had chosen for myself was Piece 'o Cake, so that's my vote! Just found out that someone only about 200kms away has that name, so I have to come up with something else now!!

Homemade-Goodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Homemade-Goodies Posted 5 May 2008 , 9:44am
post #3 of 10

'Shut your cake(pie) hole' is SUCH a funny expression to me!!! I'd LOVE to see a business with that name, wouldn't even look at another business, if I saw that one in the Yellow Pages!

Best of luck with your new biz!!!

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 5 May 2008 , 10:07am
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgriffiths

The name I had chosen for myself was Piece 'o Cake, so that's my vote! Just found out that someone only about 200kms away has that name, so I have to come up with something else now!!

you probably want to do a search to see if those names are available before you get your heart set on any one of these three . . . could be only one is available and that will solve the debate (hoping that at least one is available) . . .

Erdica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erdica Posted 5 May 2008 , 12:25pm
post #5 of 10

I personally thing Piece of Cake is over done. There are a lot of them everywhere.

The Family Affair doesn't really tell me you're a bakery. So I chose The Cake Hole.

That's my thoughts.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 10

the cake hole reminds me of the pie hole from the show pushing daisies icon_biggrin.gif which i LOVE.

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:02am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

the cake hole reminds me of the pie hole from the show pushing daisies icon_biggrin.gif which i LOVE.

I was gonna say the same thing! I like the cakehole, but I am biased because that show rocks. I love the piemaker!

augustaharrison Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:30am
post #8 of 10

The cake hole was my brothers idea based on the show pushing up daisies. icon_biggrin.gif

augustaharrison Posted 6 May 2008 , 2:48am
post #9 of 10

The cake hole was my brothers idea based on the show pushing up daisies. icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:04am
post #10 of 10

Maybe because I'm in the field I am where not so nice language is the norm, but when I read The Cake Hole my mind went straight to tapedshut.gif hole. Sorry, I'm surrounded by guys in a kitchen all day and the way they think is wearing off on me. icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%