Need Your Prayers/advice

Lounge By lecrn Updated 9 May 2008 , 3:23am by mkolmar

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 4 May 2008 , 12:09am
post #1 of 13

I just found out this week that I'm pregnant after trying 2 years & seeing an infertility doctor. I've had several inseminations, but none of them worked. My husband & I decided to take a few months off from the treatments & low & behold I become pregnant the very next month. My doctor told me that I had no chance of getting pregnant without assistance.
A few days ago, I was feeling a little nauseated and I was one day late. I had one pregnancy test & I thought what the heck. I couldn't believe that it was positive! I went to the doctor the next day & got confirmation along with the news that my progesterone was low (7.6), but my Hcg was normal. I was instructed to take Progesterone three times a day. Two days later, my progesterone doubled & so did the Hcg. The nurse told me to increase the progesterone to four times daily (they want the level to be @ least 17.5). I'm so afraid of having another miscarriage (I had one last year)! I've been through so much already including 2 surgeries. I can't get excited right now, but I don't want to stress myself out. I think that I'm only 4-5 wks. My husband & I agreed not to tell anyone until I start to show. The only other person that knows is my boss. I told her just in case anything happened. So, I'm telling all of CC b/c I need some prayers & support. Have any of you been through this?
Thanks so much!

12 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 4 May 2008 , 6:32am
post #2 of 13

I haven't been through that, but my prayers are with you. I hope all goes well.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 4 May 2008 , 6:33am
post #3 of 13

I, too, hope all goes well!! Good luck and take good care of yourself.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 4 May 2008 , 6:35am
post #4 of 13

I will say a prayer for you! I wish you the best icon_smile.gif

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 4 May 2008 , 8:48am
post #5 of 13

My sister had several miscarriages, and because she has a thyroid condition, had to balance out the right amount of hormones and Progesterone before she had success. Just make sure they monitor that closely. Today she has 3 beautiful children!!! (6, 3, and a newborn on 4/9)
Have faith!! Congratulations on your pregnancy, try to enjoy it!!

I'll keep you in my prayers!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 May 2008 , 1:08pm
post #6 of 13

How wonderul God is blessing youicon_smile.gif
I will definately be praying that you will calm down and have a wonderful pregnancyicon_smile.gif
It would be nice to have your 1st name to be able to talk to God for you.

lecrn Posted 4 May 2008 , 5:34pm
post #7 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisad1

My sister had several miscarriages, and because she has a thyroid condition, had to balance out the right amount of hormones and Progesterone before she had success. Just make sure they monitor that closely. Today she has 3 beautiful children!!! (6, 3, and a newborn on 4/9)
Have faith!! Congratulations on your pregnancy, try to enjoy it!!

I'll keep you in my prayers!!

Thanks for all the well wishes & prayers. My doctor is monitoring my blood work very closely. I have blood drawn twice a week. They're checking my thyroid levels tomorrow.

kakeladi, my name is Lisa.

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 6 May 2008 , 12:36am
post #8 of 13

Although I have no problem getting pregnant, I have had two miscarriages and it is so tough. My prayers are with you and the only advice I can give you is stay off your feet! Good luck and congrats. How far along are you?

lecrn Posted 6 May 2008 , 1:57am
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah-na

Although I have no problem getting pregnant, I have had two miscarriages and it is so tough. My prayers are with you and the only advice I can give you is stay off your feet! Good luck and congrats. How far along are you?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think 5-6 weeks. I have my 1st ultrasound Wed.
Thanks!

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 6 May 2008 , 3:16am
post #10 of 13

I also meant to tell you that it's a very good sign that you got pregnant without the treatments. To me that means this baby was meant to be. God has a reason for this child! Stay strong.

Jewels14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jewels14 Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:58pm
post #11 of 13

Best of luck to you and your husband!
You have my prayers. thumbs_up.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 7 May 2008 , 6:13am
post #12 of 13

Lisa I am praying for you right now! God will take care of you. Get plenty of rest and take care. I had two miscarriages that were very different from each other. Try not to worry b/c it's out of your control. What's meant to be will happen and I truly wish you the best for a healthy baby!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 9 May 2008 , 3:23am
post #13 of 13

I'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy tonight for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%