I Just Discovered, Cream Bouquet! Who Else Uses This?

Decorating By cocobean Updated 6 May 2008 , 5:02am by onebigdogmama

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 3 May 2008 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 30

I just discovered, Cream Bouquet! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif I think it gives my bc the taste I have loved from my favorite bakery's (Schmidts Pasty Cottage) bc. Why is it such a secret. I don't hear a lot of people talk about using it as flavoring. Anyone else love the flavor this gives things? I think it could be used in the cake itself besides the bc. What are others opionion of it? icon_smile.gif

29 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 30

I've used creme bouquet for years in a whipped cream mousse filling I make- it makes it takes kinda like cheesecake! Yum! icon_smile.gif Another decorator in my town does a citrus cake and uses it in the batter and frosting.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 30

I use it in my buttercream icing... every time icon_smile.gif Folks always ask for my vanilla buttercream; they love the flavor, so I never change it

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 30

I recently tried it in Toba Garrett's French Vanilla BC and it really gave it a nice flavor!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:05pm
post #5 of 30

I also use it in my buttercream ! YUM! Also love the wedding bouquet !

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:11pm
post #6 of 30

I use it in my bc too, but have yet to try it in a cake. I really want to though! I also bought some Princess Cake & Cookie emulsion today! Can't wait to try that either!

duckduck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duckduck Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 30

Tried to google it but the words are to generic. Where to you get it from?

duckduck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
duckduck Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 30
terrier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrier Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:23pm
post #9 of 30
terrier Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 30

Ok so they will not let me post the site so if you put (Cream Bouquet flavoring) into google a number of great online shops come up! Good Luck!

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:40pm
post #11 of 30

terrier, i've bought alot of stuff from the "blocked" site and hadn't realized that they sell creme bouquet there. I got mine from somewhere else and of course I can't remember now where I got it from. LOL

I think there are a few brands of that flavour out there. I've heard that some are good and some taste nasty. Of course if it's citrusy, I love it.

confectioneista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectioneista Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:53pm
post #12 of 30

I haven't been able to lay my hands on the creme bouquet so I looked up the ingredients and made my own - it actually turned out really good. I added it to my MMF and made it taste incredible! Had a great "scent" to it too! My DIL kept saying the smell of it was making her hungry! lol

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:55pm
post #13 of 30

I use it in my cakes. I love it.

Lu

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 3 May 2008 , 10:16pm
post #14 of 30

I too use it in my cakes and BC, it is sooooo GOOD! icon_biggrin.gif

psanders76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psanders76 Posted 4 May 2008 , 7:39am
post #15 of 30

I've always hesitated purchasing Cream Bouquet when I go to my local cake supply store. I'll be at the store first thing Monday morning after reading this post.

terrier Posted 4 May 2008 , 7:23pm
post #16 of 30

confectioneista.... I would love to try your recipe. Would you please post your recipe! or PM me. I would love to try it! Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 4 May 2008 , 7:42pm
post #17 of 30

I use it in WASC in place of the almond. It lends a really nice flavor. Its my favorite cake.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 4 May 2008 , 8:00pm
post #18 of 30

I had read so much about it here on CC that I ordered a bottle. The first time I used it I didn't like it, I don't know what I was expecting. But, after that it grew on me.

I especially like using it in my Sugar Cookies.

confectioneista Posted 4 May 2008 , 8:43pm
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrier

confectioneista.... I would love to try your recipe. Would you please post your recipe! or PM me. I would love to try it! Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

I would be happy to! Here it is:

1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp (clear) vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp butter flavoring

Maybe I should put this on the recipe link, too. (icon_rolleyes.gif duh)

Hope you like it! Let me know what you think!

Ronny

terrier Posted 5 May 2008 , 1:34am
post #20 of 30

Thank you so much!!! So lemon juice not flavouring! I will let you know... I but it will be great!!! I am sure you will great rave reviews on your recipes! Trust me I will let them know it is yours!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

confectioneista Posted 5 May 2008 , 3:11pm
post #21 of 30

You're welcome terrier! Yes, lemon JUICE not flavoring. I hope you like it and your clients like it too! Something I didn't mention: you may want to play around with the amount of the "total" recipe you use in your cake mixes versus your b/c or fondant. I used the full strength for my fondant and would probably use close to that amount for my b/c since my recipe makes so much (2.5 quarts). But you may want to use about 1 - 2 tsp of the "total" recipe per cake mix. But you can certainly adjust it to your preference. HTH! icon_wink.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 May 2008 , 3:41pm
post #22 of 30

terrier (and other newbies) just so you know, anything having to do with a certain store that comes up blocked is for a specific reason. Many, many members of CC received terrible customer service after experiencing problems when ordering from that site and there were even some words/messages exchaned with both the owner of that establishment and Heath and Jackie. That owner said some really horrible things about this site and its members so most members decided, if they hadn't already, to boycott the site and store. Part of that is why the name of the site is blocked and no longer mentioned.

As for where to purchase Creme Bouquet, there are a few places where I've seen it. I know that Global Sugar Art is carrying it as well and Alan (the owner) is a member here. He's very helpful, knowledgable and sincere. His site has amazing Customer Service, too. This is the reason Heath and Jackie have decided to make his site the supplier of choice.

Just wanted to give you a little background. There's a reason for it all! icon_biggrin.gif

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:01pm
post #23 of 30

Ronny,
Thanks so much for posting that recipe, who would have thought it was so easy to make at home, I have everyting in the house to make it tonight and won't have to pay shipping costs!

terrier Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:03pm
post #24 of 30

Thanks for the info! Good to know! I will stay away too!

confectioneista Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:17pm
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymscakes

Ronny,
Thanks so much for posting that recipe, who would have thought it was so easy to make at home, I have everyting in the house to make it tonight and won't have to pay shipping costs!

Glad I could help. I'm all on pins and needles now to see how all of you like the recipe icon_surprised.gif I so hope everyone who tries it will like it!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 May 2008 , 4:39pm
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by confectioneista

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymscakes

Ronny,

Glad I could help. I'm all on pins and needles now to see how all of you like the recipe icon_surprised.gif I so hope everyone who tries it will like it!

I'll have to give it a try soon. Thanks for sharing.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 5 May 2008 , 5:00pm
post #27 of 30

i have a question since i ordered 2 bottles of this just yesterday.

if you wanna make let's say a lemon cake, do you add creme bouquet AND the lemon extract or oil? does it enhance the flavor or it's a flavoring in itself?

i hope that makes sense. am really excited about it LOL

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 5 May 2008 , 6:29pm
post #28 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

i have a question since i ordered 2 bottles of this just yesterday.

if you wanna make let's say a lemon cake, do you add creme bouquet AND the lemon extract or oil? does it enhance the flavor or it's a flavoring in itself?

i hope that makes sense. am really excited about it LOL

Some people replace their extract, while others add it in addition to their extract. Usually I half the amount of extract and replace that with the bouquet and add a bit extra. Sorry I don't have an exact amount for you and that this answer isn't very helpful, but that's me....... icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 5 May 2008 , 8:52pm
post #29 of 30

Global Sugar Art has the Wedding Bouquet now. But Alan said that he is getting the Cream Bouquet stocks this week. So I can't wait to buy them since we don't have them here in UK.

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:02am
post #30 of 30

I just bought a 8 oz bottle of Magic Line Professional Strength Creme Bouquet from the cake store. Do you use. 1/4, 1/2 or full teaspoon? I know is strong so that's why I am asking too. Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%