Topsy Turvy Pans

Decorating By whip Updated 3 May 2008 , 4:31pm by diane

whip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whip Posted 3 May 2008 , 2:23am
post #1 of 4

Hi there; i'm contemplating baking a topsy turvy cake, but confused with how the pans work...haven't yet bought one. do i need to buy two of them, or is it a multi-step process? or are there three pans that get added to each other? any help would be great. thanks a heap!

3 replies
Bakingbythebeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingbythebeach Posted 3 May 2008 , 2:27am
post #2 of 4

I have seen those cakes and they are pretty cool. But sometimes, mine are lop-sided enough with out any help! Check the Wilton site, sometimes they go in detail about the pans. It should have instructions in the package it comes in if you buy it. Happy Baking!

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 3 May 2008 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 4

I have never seen the pans. The cake is cut and sculpted to get the topsy turvy effect. Go to articles on the CC website and there is instructions on making a topsy turvy cake. The one that Witon has is a flat non demensianal cake pan. Good luck.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 3 May 2008 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 4

the only topsy turvy pan wilton makes is the one below, which is a 2 dimensional one. if you want a 3 dimensional, you have to cut each cake. theirs a great tutorial on this site that will help you. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%