This Lady Is Hoot!!! Omg, What Am I Going To Say?

Decorating By CakeDiva73 Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 10:13pm by kelsiedelizzle

Scox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scox Posted 25 May 2008 , 1:10pm
post #181 of 219

WOW! the $h!t really hit the fan and landed in her face! That's too funny that the theme ended up being the same! I thought she said she it was going to be princess when she called you. Your cake really does look good & good idea with the truffles. You shouldn't feel bad. One day she too will look back on this situation and laugh with everyone else who is still laughing.

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 25 May 2008 , 2:26pm
post #182 of 219

One day she'll figure out how awful she really is, just hope it isnt to late when she does. Beautiful cake, I'm glad the birthday girl loved it, that's what counts.

I'm glad you were able to keep a straight face, I'd have been in a bathroom dying of laughter with all of that. I feel bad for her daughter, But happy everything turned out so well for you!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 25 May 2008 , 2:50pm
post #183 of 219

too funny!

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:21pm
post #184 of 219

Well the ending certainly didn't disappoint! The cake was fabulous! The best part is that your friend's daughter had an awesome party and on a budget no less! I hope that showed the SIL that money isn't everything. icon_rolleyes.gif

Now I'm curious to see what the cake looks like at her daughter's party!

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 25 May 2008 , 4:51pm
post #185 of 219

This has been the best story EVER! icon_rolleyes.gif What I would have given to be a fly on the wall at that party!

Chrisl121070 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisl121070 Posted 25 May 2008 , 5:21pm
post #186 of 219

I love this story. LOL

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 25 May 2008 , 5:50pm
post #187 of 219

Can your friend take a camera with her, and take a pic of the nieces's cake?

lepaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lepaz Posted 25 May 2008 , 6:07pm
post #188 of 219

DING! DING! DING!!! And the winner by TKO is...cakediva73 and friend!!! thumbs_up.gif
I totally believe in you get what you deserve. Maybe she'll think twice about being mean icon_evil.gif next year, and maybe she won't...so sad for her that she has to try to live through her daughter to be happy, because, you know, she really ISN'T doing it for her daughter, she's doing it for the attention it get's HER.

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 25 May 2008 , 7:59pm
post #189 of 219

This was soooo worth the wait. I think it's a very fitting end to a very juicy thread!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 25 May 2008 , 8:27pm
post #190 of 219

I think SIL changed the whole theme after the whole fiasco with me......and my friend was originally going to do a fancier design but then her daughter and friends got together and wanted to do a whole Movie Star/Hollywood thing..... I would have really gone to town on the cake too. I saw one here that rocked - it had reels and all sorts of stuff, but they wanted to keep it simple. icon_sad.gif

And the cake looked small but it was actually huge - we could barely lift the darn thing! As for the SIL's party, I am not sure what she is going to do since the last time I heard, she was getting a big sheet cake from her local bakery. I am a more 3D gal and really dislike sheetcakes, which is why I don't make them. (Or is it because I am a chicken and have no pans that big?? icon_rolleyes.gif )

Anyway, I can't imagine her trying to get someone to call me because my friends family can tell my cake and would be able to describe or photograph it and find out if I made it or not. So I think she will do whatever she is going to do and call it a day......*whew*

I am DONE!

sistersorefeet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sistersorefeet Posted 25 May 2008 , 8:47pm
post #191 of 219

Ha Ha Ha!!!! Just joined tonight and have sat and read the whole 13 pages!! icon_lol.gif Brilliant story, lesson to be learned, "Pride comes before a fall!" So so true! Brilliant!

Emmerdoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emmerdoo Posted 25 May 2008 , 8:50pm
post #192 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueco

I wish we could all crash the party just to see this chick! Definitely post pictures of the cake. And ask your friend to take a picture of the cake from her SIL's party and post that, too, if you can!

That would be absolutely hilarious!!! HAHAHAHA I have been out of town and I am just now catching back up on this thread. I say that we form an evil societ of CCers and crash PITA parties.

I would be all for it and just think of all the delicious cake that we could have. This chunky chick would be in sugar heaven.

I have an evil plan - gather round - Dont have anyone introduce you to her and avoid her seeing you until you sit down next to her with a piece of cake. As you eat your cake, say things like "mmmm," "this cake is so good and moist," or even "this is the best cake I have had. I am in sugar heaven and methinks I like the view." Petty - yes, immature - absolutely,. but in the immortal words of the MasterCard commercials:

Cake for a friend - $30.00 in supplies
Gas for delivering the cake - your firstborn
Plates for serving - $20.00
Seeing Ms. PITA eat both cake and crow - PRICELESS!!!!

HAHAHAHAH icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_biggrin.gif

Happy (PITA free) Caking,
Em

Scox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scox Posted 25 May 2008 , 11:43pm
post #193 of 219

We'll need to get some matching shirts. Down with PITAs! in the front & CC Rocks! in the back so it's the last thing they see as we leave.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:19am
post #194 of 219

Wow, thanks for the update! What a satisfying ending. Hmmmm. I know a lady exactly like that who I would LOVE to see that happen to!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:33am
post #195 of 219

HA!! That is awesome!! She deserved every minute of her blushing embarrassment. Total "B"..

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 26 May 2008 , 12:41am
post #196 of 219

You know I am so glad that she got what she deserved, and you were sooo classy about it. I am sure she even felt more stupid with the fact that she was carrying on a conversation with you for that long...ha ha ha ha ha ha.....well at least the husband or whoever he was is the one that ended up looking like the bad guy. your cake is great and beautiful. Never fails the Karma police always does their job!!!!

You know, as you were telling the story I actually was feeling a little sorry for her too, but hey, you know....those kind of people dont change....You are just a bigger person, and you an sleep well at night!!! uh hem..that's why they call you the CAKE DIVA!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 26 May 2008 , 1:40pm
post #197 of 219

Wow! Sorry to hear that you were stuck in the middle of this woman's drama, but you're cake was GORGEOUS! And I'm glad that the birthday girl was happy!

LauraS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraS Posted 26 May 2008 , 1:52pm
post #198 of 219

lol, this is to funny, gotta love the karma police here, lol, you dealt with this wonderfully, lol,

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 May 2008 , 2:36pm
post #199 of 219

I Love love love when nasty people get what they deserve...Maybe this was the moment that she realized everyone knows what she's up to. People like this usually think that they're being slick and pulling the wool over everyone's eyes, but this probably disabused her of that notion pretty well!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 May 2008 , 2:59pm
post #200 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassidyg

One day she'll figure out how awful she really is, just hope it isnt to late when she does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

...Maybe this was the moment that she realized everyone knows what she's up to.....but this probably disabused her of that notion pretty well!

Unfortunately, I dont' think so. People like this NEVER believe they are in the wrong. It's always someone else's fault. Somehow her party will be "ruined" because your friend got you to do the cake and "stole" her party theme. It will never be because of anything she did or her whole stinkin' attitude.

I do believe that these people have that little silent moment of self-confrontation in the bathroom mirror where they admit for a nano-second to themselves what really happened. But they've spent their whole life convincing themselves how great they are and how everyone else is beneath them ... for so long that they now believe it.

(can you tell I've encountered this kind before? icon_rolleyes.gif )

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 May 2008 , 3:03pm
post #201 of 219

Unfortunately, indydebi, you're right, but one can always hope that karma will give this woman a huge dopeslap at some point that will shut her up, at least for a while! icon_razz.gif

Crazy-4-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-4-Cakes Posted 26 May 2008 , 6:12pm
post #202 of 219

Wow! Congrats CakeDiva what a fab job you did! That cake was great! I'm glad it all worked out for you! You handled yourself great, I would never have been able to be so tactful. You know that no-one can say you were never in any moment unprofessional so great job! Glad it all worked out for you. Too bad for the daughter of that dreadful woman, she is the true victim in all of this.

valerie01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valerie01 Posted 26 May 2008 , 7:15pm
post #203 of 219

I can't believe I just read 14 pages!! I haven't laughed this hard in so long. Thanks cakediva for sharing!

jbnhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbnhayes Posted 27 May 2008 , 3:28pm
post #204 of 219

You really handled yourself in a mature, professional manner. Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva

one of the uncles comes over along with friends husband (who is a bit tipsy at this point and clearly ready to give his sister hell)..... He proceeds to start telling her she she should have me make the cake and do cakeballs too, blah, blah, blah. Then he totally blows it and says "Oh that's right, you already asked her too!!!!"

But you know...you may want to consider that he wasnât really that drunk. He has been âtakingâ his sister for years and then watching her treat his wife and daughter that way. You may have simply given him the ammo to finally blast her in style. icon_smile.gif Could have been planning it for weeks.

Donât feel bad.

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 27 May 2008 , 8:02pm
post #205 of 219

OMG, I just blurted out laughing so loud I even surprised myself. ROFL!!

The party scene is HILARIOUS! She LEFT??! and then came back???!? I'm still giggling!!! icon_lol.gif

Awsome cake, and WAY TO GO on nailing the ten-cent millionaire (that's what we call them).

Too funny!

Now of course we'll be waiting to see if you hear how her party goes next week...

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 30 May 2008 , 6:08pm
post #206 of 219

Well the woman brought it on herself. I am glad to know that, in the end, you didn't do anything to directly embarrass/humiliate her at the party. That makes you the bigger person. She seemed to do it to herself bad enough.

You cake looks great! The woman will probably never change. The world will always be expected to bow down to her wishes, which I think is pretty sad. Those people probably aren't really happy.

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 31 May 2008 , 12:22am
post #207 of 219

ROTFLMAO. That has to be the greatest story ever and the best 14 pages I've ever read. icon_lol.gif

Can't wait to hear what happens this weekend.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 31 May 2008 , 2:58am
post #208 of 219

*clapping* I waited for the update for this story and wasn't dissappointed! This woman got exactly what she deserved and she deserves more icon_biggrin.gif You handled the whole party with loads of class and you should feel proud of that and your wonderful cake!

Here's hoping that you never get a PITA like her again!

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 31 May 2008 , 3:07am
post #209 of 219

What is the date for the next party? Will your friend provide pictures of the cake so you can post them for us?

bittersweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bittersweet Posted 31 May 2008 , 3:40am
post #210 of 219

That sound like something that would happen to me. It was very funny thought!! Ok I need to what are these cupcake truffles? If you would email the recipes and maybe picture I was really appericitate it. Thanks for the laugh! icon_lol.gif [email protected]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%