This Lady Is Hoot!!! Omg, What Am I Going To Say?

Decorating By CakeDiva73 Updated 14 Jul 2008 , 10:13pm by kelsiedelizzle

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:16pm
post #91 of 219

Darn, I was betting $$$ that this woman WAS the other "decorator." Oh well. If she wants to be petty like that, let her. icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:49pm
post #92 of 219

So when is this party...I CANT STAND IT..how long do i have to wait.....OMG......

I can't wait to see the cake....that is too funny...this is like watching your soap opera on an Friday and have to wait till monday to see what happened.........AAAAAAAAAAAAH the suspense.

BTW..did you ever meet this woman in person or was it all on the phone?

Cuz if she never met you...while she is eating a piece of cake, you should go up to her and say...this cake seems kinda dry dont you think? ha ha ha ha ha hha

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 6 May 2008 , 5:54pm
post #93 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by fondantfrenzy

Cuz if she never met you...while she is eating a piece of cake, you should go up to her and say...this cake seems kinda dry dont you think? ha ha ha ha ha hha

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif That would be AWESOME! Then if the lady says no (and she should because it won't be dry!), you can say "Yeah I know, I made it!" thumbs_up.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 6 May 2008 , 6:00pm
post #94 of 219
Quote:

So when is this party...I CANT STAND IT..how long do i have to wait.....OMG......

I can't wait to see the cake....that is too funny...this is like watching your soap opera on an Friday and have to wait till monday to see what happened.........AAAAAAAAAAAAH the suspense.

Oh, I laughed out load when I read that! No, she has never seen me nor have I met her so she wouldn't know me from Adam. The only thing is if she gets there early enough to see me set up, she would figure it out. But she is so self absorbed I doubt she thinks I would figure it out. I got the impression she thought I was some back-woods (no offense to anyone living in back of any woods, of course icon_lol.gif ) idiot that she needed to 'educate'.

The party is in almost 3 weeks but I will keep ya'll updated since she seems hellbent and determined to do wacky stuff to keep this show going, lol.

fondantfrenzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fondantfrenzy Posted 6 May 2008 , 6:11pm
post #95 of 219

I am sure your friend would go along with this. If its not too much of an inconvience, I would get there early then drop off the cake and hide it in the back. Then I would show up with a Walmart cake, and be like I am sorry XXXXX (friends name) and say it loud enough to say....I took on TOO MUCH WORK and didnt have enough time to make the cake you really wanted....also I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE..i think my CAke came out a little TOOO DRY. As you are saying those parts loud enough to hear you...then just look at the look on her face and she will have the smuggest look on her face...then when then when its time for the cake..bring out the TAAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Then take the walmart cake to her and say here you go #%#%.

Crazy-4-Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-4-Cakes Posted 6 May 2008 , 6:16pm
post #96 of 219

Been glued to this thread like everyone else and wanted to add my 2 cents!
I will be sending lots of cake angels your way CakeDiva (BTW-love the name). I have crazy SILs like this and a couple weeks ago, I tried to "show-off" with a WOW cake for my son's graduation. It was a topsy-turvy, but I had unusual (early) warm weather and bad luck! My frosting started sliding off the cake before we could cut it! We got good pics and most my SILs got to see. It tasted great, and son was happy but I really wanted to show them *#itches! I saw several of them go back to table for 2nd and 3rd so I guess I proved my point.
Best of luck and I know you will do a GREAT job! Keep us posted. LOL!

mjballinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjballinger Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:17pm
post #97 of 219

I'll be waiting to see the pictures - this has been the best soap opera ever. I hardly miss seeing Passions. lol. Can you please have someone snap a pic of the crazy lady at the exact moment she sees your cake?

I do feel sorry for her daughter though, who will have to learn a tough lesson someday that sometimes people are better than you, get better things than you and that Mommy can't BUY you everything. I'm sure your friend's daughter is much more well adjusted than her cousin!

Thank you for keeping me entertained!

LaurynBrook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurynBrook Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:26pm
post #98 of 219

This is fabulous. You can't make stuff like this up and have people believe it. Some people are just.... too uppity for their own good. Can't wait to see how the cake turns out though!

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:32pm
post #99 of 219
Quote:

I am sure your friend would go along with this. If its not too much of an inconvience, I would get there early then drop off the cake and hide it in the back. Then I would show up with a Walmart cake, and be like I am sorry XXXXX (friends name) and say it loud enough to say....I took on TOO MUCH WORK and didnt have enough time to make the cake you really wanted....also I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE..i think my CAke came out a little TOOO DRY. As you are saying those parts loud enough to hear you...then just look at the look on her face and she will have the smuggest look on her face...then when then when its time for the cake..bring out the TAAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Then take the walmart cake to her and say here you go #%#%.

I was going to suggest that friend get SIL one of those super small, almost single serving, cakes from Wally World and at the party say "My friend XXXX(Cake Diva 73) said that you thought her cakes were dry, so I thought I'd get THIS for YOU!"

Of course, Type A personality that "I" am; I would have already called her back and said "I realize that you said I didn't have to call you, but, I am curious as to why you wanted me EXCLUSIVELY to do your daughter's cake if you thought it was too dry? Perhaps you are upset that XXXXX ordered her cake first and I wasn't willing to cancel for you?"

See? I can be PRET-TY, uhhh, shall we say "assertive"? LOL 'Course, I don't got any "class" 'cause I'm frum Kin-Tuck-ee! LOL

Beth

khasbargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khasbargen Posted 6 May 2008 , 7:39pm
post #100 of 219

I am so obsessed with this post!! I love to laugh about the whole thing, and I am so happy that you can too!! It's just too much! I can't imagine working for someone like that! Can you imagine the hate that you would put into her cake!?!?
Great job with dealing with all the drama, I'm laughing with you can can't wait to hear more!!!
Completely addicted!icon_biggrin.gif

2kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kiddos Posted 6 May 2008 , 8:03pm
post #101 of 219

I would have to make a free sample cake to give to the PITA, apologizing for the "dry cake" she experienced.
Give her a sample of a new, moist recipe... Double Chocolate.... its easy... basic chocolate cake recipe, with finely chopped Ex-Lax Chocolate Laxatives!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 6 May 2008 , 8:06pm
post #102 of 219

I figured in the first place the woman knew who your friend uses for great cakes and wanted to beat her to the punch, that being you. It kills me that she'd request you not accept any other orders for that time so you could focus on doing your absolute best just for her. That's just funny!

Had it been me I would have told her "no" on that point right away. No talk about charging her for lost business etc etc, just that I I operate my business as I see fit, period. The fact that you found out she's your friend's SIL just makes it more funny than before.

As far as her knowing who you are at the party, I'd have the friend make sure she casually points you out to the SIL and then have some fun watching her avoid you the whole time. Cause I'd bet $2 she doesn't really want to find herself face to face with you. Maybe wait until she has a piece of your cake and then take yours over and sit next to her.

I'd never have any contact with this woman under any circumstances. She was trying to pressure you into doing her cake by threatening to take her future big business to her "other decorator". That's exactly what she'd be doing. Whether it's the local bakery or Wally World. I never play that game. Good bye Ms Headache!

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 6 May 2008 , 8:19pm
post #103 of 219

OH MY GOSH! icon_surprised.gif

I just found this post. Too bad I'm at work. I'm holding in all my laughter. I wil have to read all the post when I get home!!! But what I have read I'm laughing.

This sounds like something my aunt would do. I have a cousin that is a year older than me. If I had something, they would go buy it for her, if I done something, then she had to do it. I feel for the cousins, they will end up being the ones hurt from the SIL's attitude.

Keep us posted on the cake and party!!!

hoped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoped Posted 6 May 2008 , 9:13pm
post #104 of 219

Wow! What an amazing turn of events. I feel sorry for the bakery people that now have to deal with the SIL.

CakeDiva, not only can't we wait to see what amazing cake you make for your friend, but now I want to see what SIL winds up with!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 6 May 2008 , 9:26pm
post #105 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolAnn

Maybe wait until she has a piece of your cake and then take yours over and sit next to her.

Oh yeaaaa! Sidle on up that mizz upiddity 2-shoes and take a big ol' wide-opened-mouth of your yummeee cake and say, Mmmmmmmmm
icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 6 May 2008 , 9:35pm
post #106 of 219

Oh my gosh ... I'm so late in finding this thread! icon_surprised.gif But WOW, reading your story made my day, I laughed so hard my belly aches! icon_lol.gif

Please, keep us updated, can't wait to find out about her reaction, the cake and all the little juicy details! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 6 May 2008 , 10:49pm
post #107 of 219

When you're at the party you could say to the SIL, after your friend introduces you and is still standing right there, "Oh, so you're (psycho babe), I got your voice mail, and I'm sorry that I didn't get back to you sooner, but I was busy with *friend's* cake. I wanted to make sure that it was moist and beautiful for her party, and I guess I lost track of the time. She will then know that your friend knows all about it (especially if your friend can't keep the grin off her face). I wish we could all crash the party just to see this chick! Definitely post pictures of the cake. And ask your friend to take a picture of the cake from her SIL's party and post that, too, if you can!

GI Posted 6 May 2008 , 11:29pm
post #108 of 219

Aaaaggg....I can't hardly STAND it to wait to see what that snooty little uppity silicone-valley-high-falootin's response is going to be. icon_lol.gif

On another note, I really do feel sorry for the 2 girls involved. The "poor" cousin always feeling like she's standing in the "rich" cousin's shadow because her mother can't just have a NORMAL birthday party for her.
That's just really sad. And I mean that in all honesty.

Ya know, that lady must really have some serious self-esteem issues! Being so self-absorbed makes me really wonder about why she always has to one-up the lady.

I wonder if your friend's DD is really cute, talented, popular, brainy, etc.... and that's why this lady has such a problem because perhaps her own daughter is just "normal".

(sorry for the psycho-babble, I've been without a cake for far too long! icon_redface.gif )

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 7 May 2008 , 12:22am
post #109 of 219

GI Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:04am
post #110 of 219

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh Ironbaker, you're killing me over here!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

hic...sorry...hic...laughing...can't stop!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 7 May 2008 , 10:52am
post #111 of 219

Too funny Ironbaker!! I've been following this thread from the beginning and just got up and found your post. Thanks for the early morning laugh! thumbs_up.gif

Like everyone else, I can't wait to see a picture of the cake, CakeDiva. I hope your friend is able to take a picture of the other cake as well. icon_wink.gif

What an entertaining thread! icon_lol.gif

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 7 May 2008 , 2:19pm
post #112 of 219

I don't EVEN want to know what's dangling from that PMS emoticon's mouth. ACK!!

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 7 May 2008 , 3:12pm
post #113 of 219

It is called a "retainer" and she can pay you for it.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 7 May 2008 , 3:25pm
post #114 of 219

I am sure the PITA's DD is at a point now that she would be willing to gush about how awesome, beautiful, moist and perfect her cousin's cake was, then ask mommy dearest why she didn't book you for her decorator? Unless this 16 year old is exactly like her mother - but chances are she really would do anything to rebel against such insanity now! LOL! Get those cousins working together - too funny!

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 7 May 2008 , 3:34pm
post #115 of 219

Personally I don't think I would get in this woman's pocket. She doesn't sound like somebody I would want to associate with. I can only see the demands getting worse in the future, and she sounds like the type that will make it hard for you if you decide to cut ties at some point.

Think about it before you do this. If people find out her game, you might start losing business if word gets around.

ShaunaCann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunaCann Posted 7 May 2008 , 3:50pm
post #116 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

I would make the cake for your friend the MOST gorgeous and over the top thing you have ever created!! What a &^$%^

You have got to ask the sil if you can do a bigger and better cake than requested. That would be the best to see the other lady's face when she sees it. hehehe

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 7 May 2008 , 4:46pm
post #117 of 219

Of course you want to be professional, but isn't it fun to dream of revenge? Just make sure you do an awesome cake for you friends daughter and the revenge will take care of itself! I can't wait to see your cake!

amytracy1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amytracy1981 Posted 7 May 2008 , 6:17pm
post #118 of 219

OMG! This woman is just too funny! I hope my SIL's like me more than that. icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif
I just can't wait to see the cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 7 May 2008 , 6:26pm
post #119 of 219

This is the funniest story. The competitive spirit will do it every time. "If I can't be like you then I will try to be better than you".

Sounds like all the money in the world still is not keeping her from being jealous of your friend.

This SIL needs to see a psychiatrist for self worth issues.

Unfortunately her daughter is caught in the middle of it and hopefully the daughter doesn't turn out like her mother. However, as told to me by my Granny âit takes all kindsâ.

Can't wait to see your cake, and see if your friend can get a pic of what she ordered from "the other decorator".

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 7 May 2008 , 6:55pm
post #120 of 219

I can not wait to see the out come to this. thumbs_up.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

I don't EVEN want to know what's dangling from that PMS emoticon's mouth. ACK!!

It looks like dinomite (sp?) to me.

Ironbaker you are hillarous! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%