Feedback On The Word "cakery"

Decorating By jonicca Updated 3 May 2008 , 1:42pm by deanwithana

jonicca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonicca Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 12

Just want to know how you all feel about "cakery." I'm working on my name, and I'm not sure if I should go with Cakes or Cakery. I'm torn with cakery. . .sometimes it sounds made up, but it also is exactly what my business will be. I won't be doing pastries or pies or doughnuts, so Bakery doesn't apply. What do you guys think????

11 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 12

There is a CC member with the name Cakery, not sure if it's her business name too... but I love the name.

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 12

I love cakery (which is why its part of my name) i think it is a fun fusion of cakes and bakery and like you, i don't intend to be a full bakery. It may take some people awhile to get a hang of it, but new words are constantly being introduced to our vernacular, and before you know it, they are common words. so if you love it, go with it!

jonicca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonicca Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:03am
post #4 of 12

You're right foxymomma, the member here with the name CAKERY has a business named Diane's Cakery. She's wonderfully helpful by the way! Chatting with her was the first time I heard "cakery" and I really liked it, but how does the public take to it??? All you owners with cakery in your name. . .does it work well for you??? Maybe we should send it to Webster so they can add it to the word list for next year. icon_wink.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:35am
post #5 of 12

A google search show's a bunch of Cakery's. I think it's edgy and cool. and a great choice for an all cake bakery icon_smile.gif

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 3 May 2008 , 11:09am
post #6 of 12

i like the word "cakery" it sounds cute. kinda edgy and new because of the "c" but familiar at the same time and homey because of the "akery"

BigTexinWV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigTexinWV Posted 3 May 2008 , 12:59pm
post #7 of 12

I love it! It perfectly decribes what you are and it is really cute without over doing it. If I open up a business I want to also use the word Cakery.

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:21pm
post #8 of 12

I agree, I like it! There is a lady around here who uses "sweetery" in her business name, which I think is also cute. I would use it if you like it! icon_biggrin.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:21pm
post #9 of 12

I agree; if you're not going to do anything but cakes then you're a cakery as opposed to a bakery! icon_wink.gificon_smile.gif

mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:27pm
post #10 of 12

Here in St. Louis there is a place called The Cakery...and in another part of the city, you guessed it....The Cupcakery!

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:37pm
post #11 of 12

Personally I really don't like Cakery, to me it is just too made up. I can see the clever use of language but it still just makes me shudder.

deanwithana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deanwithana Posted 3 May 2008 , 1:42pm
post #12 of 12

I think it is a very cute play on words.......if cake is your specialty this would definitely let people know from the get go!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%