1St Wedding Cake...need Filling!

Baking By soobsessedwithcake Updated 5 May 2008 , 2:46am by soobsessedwithcake

soobsessedwithcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soobsessedwithcake Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to be doing my first wedding cake and they would like a white cake with a light chocolately/fudgey filling inbetween the layers. I will be doing a plain buttercream on the outside, possibly fondant too but not sure on that yet. So my question is what is the best chocolate/fudge filling to do in a white cake without it soaking in the cake and making it mushy? Also, if I use fondant I cannot refrigerate it right? So how long can you leave the filled cake out unrefrigerated? Thanks so much! I really appreciate all the help I can get!

4 replies
thecakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakebox Posted 3 May 2008 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 5

do a search for ganache, its a chocolate filling that is quite versatile and can usually stand out at room temp, there are tons of threads and recipes on here, you should be able to find the info you need, hth.

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 3 May 2008 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 5

yep, do ganache. You can whip it up and it makes a great filling. It's firm too, so it won't seep into your layers.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 3 May 2008 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 5

I love ganache, but I also have a very simple yummy fudgy filling. Simply melt together 2 cups of chocolate chips with 1 can sweetened condensed milk. Let cool and spread.

Jodie

soobsessedwithcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soobsessedwithcake Posted 5 May 2008 , 2:46am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%