Kooky Cookie Cooling Concern...

Baking By vonnie99 Updated 5 May 2008 , 11:38am by vonnie99

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 2 May 2008 , 11:47am
post #1 of 4

Good morning!
I tried out Alton Brown's "The Chewy" Chocolate Chip cookie recipe for the first time last night and followed the directions to a tea...even got myself a #20 disher as recommended. I took the cookies out of the oven when they browned at the edges, being sure not to over bake them as directed...but when I moved them to the cooling rack the middles literally fell out of several!! The cookies were (or atleast appeared to be done) so i am wondering if maybe they were too big? Any ideas? The cookies were delishous ( I had to eat the "mistakes") so I would love to make them again...any input would be great!

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 May 2008 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 4

I dont' move cookies to cookie racks. Bake them on parchment paper and leave them on the baking sheet. After just a few minutes, I can pick the cookie up with my hands ... no spatula needed. If you need to use the baking sheet again, you can slide the parchment paper off of the baking sheet and lay it on the counter.

Also what kind of cooling rack to you have? Is it the kind with vertical wires with one horitzonal wire holding them together? If so, throw them in the trash and get cooling racks that have wiring that creates little (1/4") squares. These support a soft cookie and prevent them from falling thru the cooling rack.

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 3 May 2008 , 4:30am
post #3 of 4

I always use that recipe.. i love it! i let them come out of the oven, keep them on the parchment on the pan for a few min the slide it all off the pan onto a cooling rack

vonnie99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vonnie99 Posted 5 May 2008 , 11:38am
post #4 of 4

thanks for the advice - I'll be sure to do this next time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%