Need Cookie Display Idea...

Baking By ps3884 Updated 5 May 2008 , 7:35am by mgigglin

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 7

Please help! I need some ideas for displaying cookies for a Bat Mitzvah. They're having an island theme and are intereted in sugar cookies but don't want to put them at the place settings. The adult tables are having a palm tree centerpiece and the kid's tables will have a sandbox centerpiece.

Some of the cookies I was going to do are: palm tree, beach ball, surf board, star fish. I could do them on a stick.

If she decides to do the cookies for just the kids, there will be 80 cookies - with 10-12 at each table. If she decides to do them for the adults as well, it will be a little over 160 cookies.

Any display suggestions?

TIA,
Penny

6 replies
kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 7

Inside a basket- a sand pail- a straw hat. I've even seen small sail boat baskets at Big Lots.

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:38pm
post #3 of 7

I forgot to mention Oriental Trading has a section for luaus (spelling?) and it has tropical items that might give you some more ideas. Hope that helps.

sugarinspired Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarinspired Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 7

maybe u can find a treasure chest at micheals

sugarinspired Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarinspired Posted 1 May 2008 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 7

maybe u can find a treasure chest at micheals

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 2 May 2008 , 3:38am
post #6 of 7

Thanks kimsmom and sugarinspired - it gives me something to start with. Off to Oriental Trading now to look... thumbs_up.gif

If anyone else has suggestions, please share... icon_smile.gif

mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 5 May 2008 , 7:35am
post #7 of 7

If you are near a Target they have right now some really cute beach-y type mugs and cups... they have a plastic tumbler mug shaped like a crab... it is super cute! I have used a basket before and then used silk lei's around the top as a border.

HTH,
Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%