How??? Candy Melt Taco Shells

Decorating By meglapeg Updated 1 May 2008 , 5:24pm by meglapeg

meglapeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meglapeg Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 6

i am going to attempt some taco cakes for Cinco-De-Mayo and i need to know how you can mold the candy melt to look like taco shells?! if anyone can help me i would appreciate it!! you can e-mail

5 replies
judylynnturner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judylynnturner Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 6

For "taco shells" - melt white candy melts in microwave, according to directions on package. Use 1/3 of bag at a time to avoid too much re-heating of melts. Add yellow food coloring to melted candy until it looks the color of a taco shell. Crumble two chocolate cookies(wafer only if using Oreo brand)and add approx. 1/4 tsp. to each bowl of melted candies. Mix. Should look like roasted cornmeal flecks in taco shells. Pour melted candy on to waxed paper, approx. 1/4 cup. Spread in circular motion to desired size. Place another sheet of waxed paper over candy. Wait 15-30 seconds for candy to begin to set up. Fold candy/paper over a real taco shell so candy can set in the appropriate shape. Do not do this step too soon as the cooling candy will fall away from the 'fold' and your shell will break. Let stand approx. 10 minutes.

Hope this helps!

chikie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikie Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 6

I've used MMF with a little yellow gel paste and oreo cookie crumbs mixed in it. Go to kimberlychapman.com and look at her GIANT TACO, that's were I got the idea from.

~Tiffany

chikie Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:12pm
post #4 of 6

I've used MMF with a little yellow gel paste and oreo cookie crumbs mixed in it. Go to kimberlychapman.com and look at her GIANT TACO, that's were I got the idea from.

~Tiffany

chikie Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 6

~Tiffany

meglapeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meglapeg Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:24pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you for your responses!!! i will let you know how they turn out...im a newbie to all of this; so we will see icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%