Its Done...the With Or Without The Ribbon Wedding Cake!

Decorating By sweet_as_tisse Updated 11 Jan 2007 , 9:00pm by sweet_as_tisse

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:42am
post #1 of 20

Hi guys

well here it is, with the ribbon.

Bride loved it with the ribbon and i am glad as i did too.

thank you to everyone for your fantastic response in my earlier thread regarding using the ribbon or not. its much appreciated.

this was a BIG cake for me its only my third wedding cake but my first two were only my vase style of cake. so i really consider this my first offical wedding cake due to its size, this is one big cake, each tier is 41/2 inches high and they all weigh a ton.. i have never done anything like this before and was so stressed about the whole thing but overall i am really pleased with the outcome.

thanks to this site and the wonderful members who share i was able to pull this off.. before i found this site in march of 2006 i would of never dreamed of being able to say that i made this cake...

kylie
LL

19 replies
Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 5:47am
post #2 of 20

That's a beautiful cake! I like the colors. Great job!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 6:19am
post #3 of 20

Wow, great design, fantastic color and beautifully done icon_smile.gif

You should be VERY proud!!!!

You go Girl!

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 6:23am
post #4 of 20

Such a stunning job Kylie you should be VERY VERY proud!

You forgot to add how you handmade that beautiful cake jewellery awesome work my dear! I have just received the latest wedding cake magazines from the UK & Australia, looks like cake jewellery is going to be big this year. Or has it always been and I am only now looking at wedding cakes?

I am in awe! thumbs_up.gif

neni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neni Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 7:50am
post #5 of 20

icon_eek.gif WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That is a gorgeous cake. I am just starting to learn how to make gumpaste flowers, I hope someday mine look half as good as yours!

sweet_as_tisse Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 7:57am
post #6 of 20

thank you guy's for the lovely comments..

its good to hear other people's opinions as you all know we are are own worst critics.. and i am terrible for cursing myself about how i could of done this better or that..

kylie

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 7:59am
post #7 of 20

icon_eek.gif It turned out great. I was one that voted for the ribbon. I thought it made the cake. And it truelly did. Great Job thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Ps I am with the bride I love that color also. Bright and Beautiful thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 8:41am
post #8 of 20

Kylie,

The cake looks fabulous. Love the colour of the ribbon and the cake jewellery. Fantastic as always!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 8:43am
post #9 of 20

It looks great. Well done.

RICKASH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RICKASH Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 8:49am
post #10 of 20

Fantastic job as always it looks amazing.
The flowers, jewellery and ribbon work well together.

your cakes just keep getting better and better

well done Kylie thumbs_up.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 8:56am
post #11 of 20

Kylie I left comments in the gallery but I do have a question. You mentioned that it is covered in Faux Fondant and you loved working with it. Maybe faux fondant means something different in Australia from what I know? For me faux fondant is buttercream smoothed to resemble rolled fondant. But I get the feeling you are speaking of some type of sugarpaste? Could you tell me about it please?

sweet_as_tisse Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 9:05am
post #12 of 20

Hi shirley

i thought i had put down that i used fondx fondant, i will go check the gallery to make sure...

so yes, it is sugar paste just the fondx brand, it was called virgin white...

i hope this clears things up, sorry if i confused anyone with my spelling...

thanks again everyone

kylie

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 11:12am
post #13 of 20

AWESOME job! Love the boldness of the cake!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 11:27am
post #14 of 20

Very Beautiful, I've yet to try one of these. I've been wondering how do you all attach the ribbon? Thanks thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 11:34am
post #15 of 20

Love the cake, love the flowers! These are gumpaste flowers? I thought for sure they were real. icon_surprised.gif I really need to learn how to do these! Also, cake jewelry? This is new to me.....how do you do that? Congrats on an excellent cake!

Deb

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 11:44am
post #16 of 20

Kylie,
The cake is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job. I can see why the bride loved it. I love referring back to your pictures for inspiration. Keep up the good work! icon_lol.gif

Faye

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 12:31pm
post #17 of 20

Fabulous cake! I agree that the ribbon really finishes off the cake. I thought those flowers were real until I read that they are gumpaste and I love the colours. What type(s) of cake is under that masterpiece?

Great job! thumbs_up.gif

Kelly

Marksgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marksgirl Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 12:38pm
post #18 of 20

You did a great job. icon_biggrin.gif

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 2:44pm
post #19 of 20

Gorgeous cake, and your flowers are superb!!! Congrats on such a masterpiece!!

sweet_as_tisse Posted 11 Jan 2007 , 9:00pm
post #20 of 20

debster, i just put the ribbon around the bottom then i use pearl head pins to attach at the back of the cake. this way seems to hold the ribbon on really well...

MomLittr, the cake jewelry is something that is popular at the moment, i just found some pic's and checked out roughly how they seemed to make it then went i brought some glass beads and two different sizes of jewelry wire and experimented with it... you use a 18 or 20 gauge coiled jewelry wire then use a fine 28 or 26 coiled wire to wind around and thread your beads onto...

hope i have explained myself ok...lol

thanks

kylie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%