Cookies Due The Same Weekend????

Baking By CINDY1956 Updated 1 May 2008 , 6:06pm by jennifer7777

CINDY1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CINDY1956 Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:38pm
post #1 of 3

I have a couple of ???, I have 350 cookies due the same weekend..150 for graduation and other is wedding...they are all NFSC, but the grad. ones she wants the RBC on them and details with RI...and the weddings are edible images and flooded cookies..

OK, should I make all the cookies and just start freezing? Don't think I can freeze the ones with the RBC on them can I? If I can then I could pull them out of the freezer and then add the detail work... or just freeze and have the cutouts of the RBC ready for when I take them out of the freezer?
not sure how to get this all done...thanks

2 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 1 May 2008 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 3

Wow, you have my sympathy! That's a lot of cookies!
I know you can definitely bake and freeze the undecorated cookies, but I have no idea if they'll freeze as well with the RBC on them. (I'm guessing they'd be fine). Do you have time to do a test sample? That's the surest way I know to be positive the results will work the way you want. I'm positive someone with RBC experience will come thru for you.

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 3

Well, first off let me say that at least with using RBC, the decorating time will be much faster than having to flood each cookie. For the ones you do have to flood (with the edible images), I would consider brushing the color on so it goes much faster.

Now, my experience with working w/ RBC is that I freeze my cut-outs anyway to stiffen them up, because RBC is SO soft. Then I pull them out of the freezer after my batch of cookies comes out of the oven and put them on the hot cookies, and make adjustments as needed as the RBC softens onto the cookie (making sure there is no overhang).

Having said all of that, I don't see where it would be a problem if you were to freeze the cookies w/ the RBC on there. Just make sure that B4 you start to decorate w/ RI that there is no condensation on the cookies.

For further assurance, I would get cambo's opinion...as she works w/ RBC very well. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%