Cc Throwdown #3 Has Now Began!!!

Decorating By Teekakes Updated 8 Jun 2008 , 5:06am by tonedna

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:24am
post #1231 of 1405

I'm only joking. I do love that "cake" and still am in awe of it, Martha. (As well as many of your other cakes.) One day you have to give me all your secrets for making it. icon_wink.gif I don't remember seeing before this that it was made using a dummy.

The funny thing is, I've never used one (yet), but I really wish we had been able to for the TD because I'm putting on weight that I was so happy to have lost these past few months. I'm seriously thinking about throwing away the rest of my cake - the one that my DH referred to last night as "the crack cake because it's so addictive!" lol The other thing that I find ironic is that I froze my cakes, but stupidly thawed them out too soon and I was really dying to try these recipes so I was hoping they hadn't gone bad. Now I'm almost sort of wishing that they had!! icon_rolleyes.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 28 May 2008 , 3:43am
post #1232 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

The funny thing is, I've never used one (yet), but I really wish we had been able to for the TD because I'm putting on weight that I was so happy to have lost these past few months. I'm seriously thinking about throwing away the rest of my cake - the one that my DH referred to last night as "the crack cake because it's so addictive!" lol The other thing that I find ironic is that I froze my cakes, but stupidly thawed them out too soon and I was really dying to try these recipes so I was hoping they hadn't gone bad. Now I'm almost sort of wishing that they had!! icon_rolleyes.gif

This observation is too funny. You know the answer to your problem, it's so simple: make awful cakes when you're practicing. Dig up some expired, off-brand mixes from the 99c store and you're only out a few eggs (not that they're cheap) and some oil. Better yet, did you see that thread with a link to "lettuce cake"?? Let us (no pun intended icon_redface.gif) know how it is!! icon_wink.gif

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:00am
post #1233 of 1405

The secret is... to use your TD cakes as order cakes icon_wink.gif .... maybe 1 of the TDer's might only have to make a cake that is sitting around... This is the good thing about the rules... the rules started out as ... The cake board can't be any bigger then a 12 inch round... WELL.. that doesn't mean the cake has to be... icon_wink.gif You could go with a small version of the cake ya wanna do ..

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:15am
post #1234 of 1405

our cake boards couldn't be bigger than a 12" round????

wgoat5 Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:18am
post #1235 of 1405

Martha .. Don't worry about it.. Lea is revising the rules lol...

I am pretty sure it says that in the rules though

There were a lot of rules that weren't followed.. but this is fun .. so don't worry about it..

marthajo1 Posted 28 May 2008 , 4:41am
post #1236 of 1405

I just thought it was funny! I don't remember reading that one.....

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:26am
post #1237 of 1405

I never read anything about the boards either!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:11pm
post #1238 of 1405

Good Mornin' ya'll I trust you have been behaving yourselves... The votes just keep coming in..

wgoat5 Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:13pm
post #1239 of 1405

Good Mornin Laura.. didn't see ya on yesterday!!! Thought maybe you mighta been drinkin a little too much on Monday and ya had a hangover yesterday icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:17pm
post #1240 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Good Mornin Laura.. didn't see ya on yesterday!!! Thought maybe you mighta been drinkin a little too much on Monday and ya had a hangover yesterday icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif nope, no hangover for me.. dh and I went for a long drive.. He is searching out locations for weekend cabins/fishing... we are going to Land between the Lakes today..... how are you doing?

wgoat5 Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:25pm
post #1241 of 1405

Doing good.. DH went to 2nd shift so he is still home icon_rolleyes.gif have to be quiet while I drink my coffee .. no whooping and hollaring LMAO

icon_biggrin.gif

Ohh lucky dog you... Land Between the Lakes sounds fun... I have heard lots about that place!!

CakesByLJ Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:27pm
post #1242 of 1405

How is your grad cap coming? did the maroon color work ok?

wgoat5 Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:31pm
post #1243 of 1405

Cap is done icon_smile.gif

Maroon took about 3/4 of a small bottle to get the color I needed icon_smile.gif

BUT.. it's done lol..

Made my scroll.. so all I have to do is make the cake on Friday icon_wink.gif

Any cakes this week? I think you said you didn't have but.. my mind is gone LOL

CakesByLJ Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:39pm
post #1244 of 1405

no cakes this week, hence the time for traveling with dh... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:41pm
post #1245 of 1405

yeah well I wanna go so swing up here and get me.. I'd fit in the trunk .. I think LOL icon_biggrin.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:44pm
post #1246 of 1405

icon_lol.gif well, you can ride in the car icon_biggrin.gif ... is it raining there?

wgoat5 Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:48pm
post #1247 of 1405

Not yet but it looks like it could at any minute.. there? I see almost the whole south is getting something icon_sad.gif

Well I would ride in the car but I'm scared you'd beat me again icon_sad.gif LOL

CakesByLJ Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:51pm
post #1248 of 1405

icon_lol.gif I will leave my rolling pin at home... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Posted 28 May 2008 , 12:54pm
post #1249 of 1405

LMAO..

Ok.. I won't tell anybody that you beat me... OOps this isn't a pm is it? icon_wink.gif

Ok I'll ride in the car as long as you don't hurt me.. or make me scrub the floors with a toothbrush icon_smile.gif

CakesByLJ Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:01pm
post #1250 of 1405

Everybody must be sleeping in this morning......... or working... YIKES, perish the thought icon_lol.gif

wgoat5 Posted 28 May 2008 , 1:12pm
post #1251 of 1405

Ugg the site won't let me post icon_sad.gif

marthajo1 Posted 28 May 2008 , 2:56pm
post #1252 of 1405

Morning!! It is beautiful here today! A little too late to save our Memorial Day picnic!! But you won't hear me complaining about the cool rainy weather.....If I complain when it is cold I figure I can't when it is hot!! icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:07pm
post #1253 of 1405

the site is not letting me post!!!!

tonedna Posted 28 May 2008 , 5:08pm
post #1254 of 1405

Finally a post..hope everyone is having a great day!
icon_biggrin.gif

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 28 May 2008 , 6:52pm
post #1255 of 1405

I see most of the TD have started for May...but I don't see the thread for the sixth one, Kitagrl vs MisterC for the Movie theme? Have I just missed it? or is it still not ready?

marthajo1 Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:07pm
post #1256 of 1405

They had to cancel their TD.....

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:33pm
post #1257 of 1405

I'm back.

Thanks for the suggestions, but it's ingrained in me not to waste food and my DH is even worse than me! I bought two 8" round dummies for cake camp but I want them to be new when I get there, so I haven't been using them (I know, it's stupid. It's just a mental thing with me.). icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, now that ya mention it, I looked back on the 'old' rules and it does mention the cake board size.

As for that lettuce cake, nope, never heard of it. I'll do a search re: that one. Sounds pretty nasty! lol Oh yeah, the problem with making the TD cake an order is that I don't have any! icon_cry.gif Guess I'm too honest when I tell people that I'm not legal. I've only sold five cakes and nobody's asked since last year (when those were sold). Even though I've had a few people approach me and take my number for upcoming events, they never seem to follow through with the calls. Oh well, I'm working on getting legal - just very slowly. Can't do much anyway with my little one underfoot and always wanting to help. Poor kid. She needs to play more and watch TV less and it seems I always have stuff to do, but can't afford pre-school with this one like we did with her older brother and sister. Damn oil/gas prices! Just got an oil delivery the other day for home heating - $807!!! icon_eek.gif WTF!! Oh well, I sent them $600 as I'm on a budget plan. They only asked for $40. Yeah, like I'm going to 'get caught' having to pay something like $2,000 a month during the winter!

Anyway, gotta run. My laundry's been sitting here getting wrinkled for two days waiting for me to fold it. And soon I have to get ready to take my son to his baseball game after spending most of yesterday at a never-ending softball game with DD! Can't wait for the season to end!

I need to start drinking!

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:39pm
post #1258 of 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

They had to cancel their TD.....

that's too bad...I wanted to see that one icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the update though, marthajo1! thumbs_up.gif

marthajo1 Posted 28 May 2008 , 7:49pm
post #1259 of 1405

I just washed off the fondant and RI from my Oh Boy baby cake. I couldn't believe how well it did! I just soaked it in HOT water until it melted off. The hardest part was keeping all that foam under water! icon_lol.gif

tonedna Posted 28 May 2008 , 11:05pm
post #1260 of 1405

lol Martha I have done that too icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%