Freezing Decorated Cake For Tomorrow

Decorating By Tomoore Updated 1 May 2008 , 4:47am by icer101

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:44am
post #1 of 4

I am in the middle of completing a 3 tier (12, 10,icon_cool.gif all BC cake. I am very concerned about transporting it to work tomorrow. I am going to work at 10:30 am. The work event that the cake is for doesn't start until 5:30, so I assume that the cake will be cut around 7pm. If I put the cake in the freezer tonight (to make it easier to transport-it's already stacked) until I leave for work tomorrow, it should be completely thawed by 5:30pm right? It will be at room temp all day. The other option I am considering is to get up at 5 and pop it in the freezer. This way, it will be in there for about 3 hours, instead of 8. What do you think?

3 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 May 2008 , 3:46am
post #2 of 4

I think your timeline is fine, but personally I wouldn't freeze a cake if you will be eating it tomorrow, I would just refridgerate it so it gets nice and cold.

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:37am
post #3 of 4

Only problem is I have a tone of space in the freezer and NO space in the fridge for the three tiers. I think I'll go with the plan of putting it in the freezer for a couple of hours instead of overnight. I'll set my alarm for 6 and leave it in the freezer til 8 or nine.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 May 2008 , 4:47am
post #4 of 4

leaving it in all night, will not hurt a thing..... it will be delicious when they do eat it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%