Black Fondant

Decorating By terrylee Updated 1 May 2008 , 2:47pm by terrylee

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 4

I HAVE A BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO THAT I WOULD LIKE TO BACK WITH BLACK FONDANT. KINDA LIKE A PICTURE FRAME. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WITH EATIBLE PHOTOS AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE PICTURE BACK YET...WILL BE READY FRIDAY.

I WOULD LIKE TO PREPARE FOR IT...WILL BE BLACK SHOW THRU TO THE PHOTO, SHOULD I BACK THE PICTURE WITH A THIN SHEET OF WHITE AND WOULD IT ME BETTER TO PAINT THE BLACK ON WHITE FONDANT OR MIX CHOCOLATE FONDANT WITH BLACK COLOR.????

LOT'S OF QUESTIONS SORRY....BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A HEADS UP BEFORE FRIDAY AND DECORATING TIME.

THANKS FOR YOU HELP.

TERRYLEE

3 replies
angienajjar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angienajjar Posted 1 May 2008 , 12:33am
post #2 of 4

I would use the chocolate fondant, then 'paint' with black paste colour, will use a lot less paste colour. I use clear alcohol to mix my paste colour, just a drop as you don't want it too thinned out, or you would end up with streaky paintjob. Allow the black to dry completely (I use a desktop fan) then apply the photo.....that is after you have attached it to a thin layer of white for safety sake. It should not bleed, unless there is a lot of humidity in the air, like RAIN!!!!
If there is.....wait until the last minute to place the photo.....would be good for quite a few hours .....

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:53am
post #3 of 4

I would back the edible image with white. The black will show through and at the least make the white parts look greyish. Here's a cake I did with pastel colors and you can see through the edible image. icon_sad.gif

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=139263

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you for your replys....you answered my questions. Will post picture when done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%