Cookie Bouquet Containers

Baking By toleshed Updated 3 May 2008 , 3:56pm by Newatdecorating

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 9

Just wondering if there are any websites that sell pots for bouquets fairly cheap. I can get cute little ceramic pots for $1.00 in the dollar store. But the store is 1/2 hr away from me. But it might still be worth the trip

8 replies
amastercreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amastercreation Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 9

I'd like to know too!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 1 May 2008 , 11:43am
post #3 of 9

Garage sales, estate sales, the Goodwill...all possible places to find inexpensive containers. I still like buying clay flower pots (less than a dollar) and painting them with patio paints. For a more casual pot, you can use tin cans covered in fancy papers or wallpaper.

sicookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sicookie Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 9

I was just at Target today and they had galvanized steel buckets for $1.00. They must have had other colors becase I saw 1 lime green and 1 red also, but mine had plenty of silver.

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 9

The shipping and handling fee might make it more costly to buy on a website. I agree with GeminiRJ, plus will add discount stores.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 9

I am a big fan of garage sales and thrift stores for interesting cookie containers but the dollar section at Target rocks! They always have seasonal stuff there - they had white tin pots for spring, which were perfect the last time I was there. The dollar store works too, and sometimes they have really interesting and elegant pots to work with. HTH

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 9

I am a big fan of garage sales and thrift stores for interesting cookie containers but the dollar section at Target rocks! They always have seasonal stuff there - they had white tin pots for spring, which were perfect the last time I was there. The dollar store works too, and sometimes they have really interesting and elegant pots to work with. HTH

toleshed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toleshed Posted 1 May 2008 , 7:15pm
post #8 of 9

well that makes me mad. I was at target yesterday, and I didn't see anything. Bummer

Newatdecorating Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Newatdecorating Posted 3 May 2008 , 3:56pm
post #9 of 9

Another place that I have found some containers is Kroger. I got two really cute teacher containers last year. I believe they were marked down to either $3 or $4. The design is pencils all the way around the container with a bow tied around it. I plan to give a bouquet in one in a few weeks. After the bouquet is gone, the styrofoam can be cut out and then it can be used to store pens or pencils.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%