Giant Cupcake Pan

Decorating By msmeg Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 2:54pm by fiddlesticks

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 5

a lady really wanted a giant cupcake and brought me the pan to use..

does anyone have any tips, ideas, etc ???

I can see it using lots of batter but servings ???? I have no idea.. Anyone know how much batter it takes ???Can I say I hate shape pans.

then to make the bottom look like a cupcake paper I am at a loss here.

pinkalicious is the theme so it will be easy to decorate to match the book but I need to make it special

4 replies
allee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allee Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 5

I made one a while back, it is in my photos. It was really easy. I have heard some say to bake the top and bottom seperately, but I used one box of cake mix, added one box instant pudding and 1 extra egg and just baked according to the directions on the pan. I started checking about 5 mins before it was "supposed" to be done and just kept a constant check on it from there. Then after cooling, I just trimmed it up, put it together w/b.c. and iced. It does take quite a bit of icing. I used the basketweave tip for the liner, flat then ridged (alternating) for the liner. I also did the smaller version of it just this past weekend and used light and dark chocolate for the liner. It is in my pics too. HTH

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 5

I have a pic in my photos to , on my 2nd page I believe ! Its a fun and easy pan/cake to make ! I just followed the instructions that came with the pan , it turned out great !

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks,,, Yours was really cute.

sounds easy enough. any idea how many servings... I am thinking I need to put it on top of an 8 inch round as they want to serve 25 to 36 actually they just like lots of left over cake.. no idea how many they will actually serve..

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:54pm
post #5 of 5

msmeg.. If you were responding to my post ? Its 1 box mix so you should get the same amount as any other 9x13 cake. But its kind of hard to cut cause of the shape and everone cuts it different so its hard to say how many slices they would get? I would probably do what you said and add it to another cake . I have read where some people think you only get about 10 slices out of it ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%