Sugarveil System

Decorating By Ah-na Updated 30 Apr 2008 , 7:50pm by TheCakerator

Ah-na Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ah-na Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 11

I've been researching this sugarveil system and was wondering if you guys have tried it out. Is it challenging, expensive, not really worth it or is it awesome??? It seems like a great idea!

10 replies
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 11

someone said it melts in a hot day..I wanna see opinions on this too!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 11

I have this system. When I first receivedit, I was scared of it. Now, I love it I use it not only with the sugarviel powder, but chocolate, anything that will go through the syringes.

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 11:22pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula1234

I have this system. When I first receivedit, I was scared of it. Now, I love it I use it not only with the sugarviel powder, but chocolate, anything that will go through the syringes.

Do you have the whole $200 icing dispenser or just the DVD and comb? I've heard you can learn how to use the SugarVeil system with just the comb and DVD, is that true? If so, that would be a lot more cost efficient, at least for me, at this point.

melissa043 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissa043 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 4:57am
post #5 of 11

I have the whole sugarveil system and i LOVE it. I actually have never used the sugarveil itself yet. Just havent had a use for it. But im sure once i use it once i will find so many things to do with it. But i use the whole dispenser for all of my chocolate transfers and it works amazingly. I really have no idea how i would make so many detailed CTs without it. I highly suggest it!!! usaribbon.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:12am
post #6 of 11

What does CT stand for? I have the craft store version made for paint that someone here bought and said was the same darn thing as the $200 one......still haven't used it tho...any tips?

nesweetcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nesweetcake Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 6:52am
post #7 of 11

Melissa, You mentioned that you used the sugar veil for making your own chocolate transfers, would you share how. I just got one and never considered it as a use. Sounds great though. Thanks.

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 7:16am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

I have the craft store version made for paint that someone here bought and said was the same

what is the craft store version called? I totally want one.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 5:41pm
post #9 of 11

This is picture of the craft store version....I have yet to open it. In fact, I was going to return since I figured I was never going to use it.

What else can we use this for if we don't have the sugarveil icing? Has anyone used the cheapie version? This was regular $20-$25 at Michaels and I used a 50% coupon so if it works, I will hang onto it. thanks icon_smile.gif
LL

karensue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensue Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 6:47pm
post #10 of 11

I have the SugarVeil system and love it. I use it for piping, making letters, placing dragees, etc. I have fibromyalgia and it so much easier on my hands than squeezing a piping bag. You can use the icing without the system to get a feel for whether or not you like it. I really like the icing because it kind of "melds" into itself so you don't get the ridges that you might with royal or buttercream -- it rounds itself out. No points on dots either.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 7:50pm
post #11 of 11

my dh bought me the entire system two years ago and I have yet to use it .. icon_redface.gif I want to, but I guess I never think of using it .. it sits unopened in my tool box ..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%