Large Letters

Decorating By cfloyd Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 9:09pm by golfgirl1227

cfloyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfloyd Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 4

Hi!! I am new to cake decorating, but I want to make a baseball jersey cake for my son's birthday. I have the sheet cake pan and plan on carving out the shirt. My problem is this, I want to put my son's last name across the shirt in fairly large letters about 2-3 inches and put a large number 7 at the bottom. It is supposed to look like the back of his jersey. I have bought the White Satin Ice Fondant and I thought I would roll it out and cut out my letters and number. Any ideas on how to cut out the letters so that they all look the same? I looked at the fondant alphabet cutters, but they were too small. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 4

. . . do you have access to a computer and printer . . . you could print off a sheet with the letters you need (with a font you like) and then you could use a pin to prick your fondant so you have the outline that you could then cut easily . . . if you don't have a printer . . . you could use graph paper to draw your letters and do the same thing . . . there are probably stencils available that would work . . . but the printer or graph paper would be cheaper (especially if you never used the stencil again) . . . HTH

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 4

Welcome to Cake Central. You can print a template for letters using most any wordprocessing software. Cut them out and use them for your pattern. When you apply them, start with the middle letter for centering.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 4

You could use a template like mentioned above. I do that frequently. But, if you think you might use them more than once, you could purchase a set of alphabet cookie cutters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%