Missing Cake Pic????........

Decorating By mom42ws Updated 29 Apr 2008 , 3:55pm by mom42ws

mom42ws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom42ws Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 12:48pm
post #1 of 8

Maybe you guys can help me, I'm looking for a cake that was featured on the home page some time in the last few days. It was a large sunflower cake in orangish-browns and white petals with a bug on the petal. I thought I should have saved it and didn't. Now I can't find it anywhere. I saw one similar but I really don't think it's the same one.

Do you know the missing cake I'm thinking of? Do you have a link to it?

Thanks,

Ashley

7 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 8

. . . it is possible that the original poster deleted the photo you are looking for . . . perhaps the photo you are finding now is their "replacement" photo . . . you could PM that person and ask if they had a different photo in the gallery at one time and if it was possible to forward that photo to you if you thought it was a better one (better view?) . . . or maybe you just haven't gone back far enough . . . did you try to do a "search"???

mom42ws Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 8

i don't know who the owner of the photo was. i did do a search for sunflowers yesterday and did not see the cake that i was looking for. maybe i need to try a different combination of words.

ashley

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:13pm
post #4 of 8

Try putting "sunflower cake with bug" in your posting title. It will get more attention....

ashcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashcake Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 8
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:15pm
post #6 of 8

. . . sometimes people don't bother attaching key words on their photos . . . which makes it really hard (impossible) to search what you are looking for icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif . . . but I thought you found a "second" photo that may or may not be of the same cake . . . did you save that one? If so, why don't you look in that person's gallery to see if the other one is there . . . and if not, maybe PM them to see if they had posted a different view of the same cake and if they could send you the pic . . .

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:23pm
post #7 of 8

I'm not sure if this happened; however, if a duplicate picture is upload into the photo galleries, we sometimes delete them. Only one photo needs to be submitted. If you wish to show different views, sides, detailed work of your cake, it's best to use some type of software that will put all your photos together on one photo, then upload just the one photo showing all your angles, etc., of your cake .... the galleries are getting so large, so we try to monitor and make sure only one photo is submitted... HTH

mom42ws Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 3:55pm
post #8 of 8

this is almost exactly like the one i saw but the other one had white petals/leaves and the sunflower color a bit different with a ladybug.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1196661.html

the description says it came from a lindy smith book. does anyone know which one? i'd like to recreate this cake for a customer.

thanks,
ashley

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%