Good Supplies Site?

Decorating By Sadrienne Updated 2 May 2008 , 10:34am by 2sdae

Sadrienne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sadrienne Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 1:40am
post #1 of 7

I need recommendations for sites to order supplies from online
I need about 14 lbs of Chocopan and 5 lbs of gumpaste and some transfer sheets., and...

Where would you recommend ordering them from?
what are good sites?
bad sites?

I SO wish I could buy this stuff locally, but all the cake decorating shops here in Houston are SO expensive, so I need y'all's HELP!!!

Please tell me good sites for ordering my supplies, i'm going crazy with these local prices...

thanks so much!
-sadrienne

6 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 2:44am
post #2 of 7

I like countrykitchensa.com. Also intotheoven.com, and globalsugarart.com. Hate sugarcraft.com.

I'm sure someone else out there has their favorites, too....

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 1 May 2008 , 2:11am
post #3 of 7

I buy mine here locally because by the time you add shipping charges I am not really saving any money. Just a thought.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 2 May 2008 , 1:58am
post #4 of 7

I recomend using Global Sugar Art. By cliking on thier link thru this site it benefits Cake Central. We all get so much from Cc and it is free. I think it is such an easy way to give back. Before you go somewhere else, try Global Sugar Art first. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 2 May 2008 , 2:16am
post #5 of 7

I live in SA and the cake supply stores here are really cheap, but they are ALL on the WORST side of town (at least the ones I know of)! So rather than risk my life for cake supplies, I just order from intotheoven.com and countrykitchensa.com. Intotheoven.com has the cheapest and quickest shipping I've seen so far. Globalsugarart.com has some stuff that the other two sites don't, but I haven't ordered from them yet. Check eBay too. I've found some good deals on stuff there, as well. Just be careful who you buy from (I always check the sellers feedback) and use paypal so you can dispute your purchase if there are any problems.

psanders76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psanders76 Posted 2 May 2008 , 4:00am
post #6 of 7

I like Intotheoven.com and Fondantsource.com.

Good luck.

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 2 May 2008 , 10:34am
post #7 of 7

intotheoven.com is cheapest on shipping and chocopan products, transfer sheets it's countrykitchen for sure, more to choose from as far as transfer sheets.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%