Anyone Here From Amsterdam? Question About Where To Stay...

Lounge By Steffen74 Updated 1 May 2008 , 1:58am by Steffen74

Steffen74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steffen74 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 2:56am
post #1 of 7

Hello! My husband and I will be in Amsterdam for a couple nights in mid-May and I'm looking for a nice bed and breakfast. I have found many that look promising but, unfortunately, have no idea of where the safest areas are.

Is there anyone out there that can tell me (just generally) the areas to avoid? Looking on this site: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/amsterdam-netherlands.html.
A number of the listings say "canalside" or "located in the heart of Amsterdam", etc.

I don't need super-expensive, Champs-Elysee-type shopping area or any of that...just need to avoid the places that the locals wouldn't even venture into.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!!

6 replies
Steffen74 Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 7

Anyone? Pleeease???

cande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cande Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 12:01am
post #3 of 7

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza--the location was nice and everything was conveniently located. Not sure if there are any bed and breakfast locations near there (it was in the city center)?
The address was
N.Z. VOORBURGWAL 5
AMSTERDAM, 1012 RC
NETHERLANDS

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 29 Apr 2008 , 9:43am
post #4 of 7

I loved Amsterdam when I was there! But it was so long I can't help.... when you go, dont forget to go see
Madurodam! It's so cool!

Steffen74 Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 2:41am
post #5 of 7

Thank you! I think we'll have to do a hotel and not a B and B. They're all full...I suppose for the tulips!

flayvurdfun...what's Madurodam??

ashianadotkom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashianadotkom Posted 30 Apr 2008 , 3:02am
post #6 of 7

Catita74

I love amsterdam...half of my family lives outside of amsterdam .
I wouldn't be able to recommend a b&b but i second the cowne plaza.
Madurodam is a really cool place in the city of scheveningen..it is basically holland on a very small scale.
http://www.madurodam.nl/templates/mad/global/index.php
The beach in Groningen is beautiful. One way to see most places is on the train.
Have a great time and check out the red light district too (walking distance of the crowne plaza.
Oh and don't forget to try the falafel(hmm i want one now)

Ashiana

Steffen74 Posted 1 May 2008 , 1:58am
post #7 of 7

Thank you for the information, Ashiana! Looks like Crowne Plaza it will be, and Madurodam looks really cool.

I'm so excited I can barely contain myself : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%