Pj's/pajamas Design?

Decorating By shebaben Updated 28 Apr 2008 , 9:01pm by shebaben

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 4:52am
post #1 of 3

Do any of you creative souls out there have any ideas about how to make a cake (or cakes) to serve 75-100 with the theme being a "P.J. Party"??? It's for a reception after an end-of-year program for our 3 and 4 year old choirs at church.
I thought perhaps of doing the little 3d bear pan on top of something else, or maybe the animal crackers pan - for this program, the kids (and even the directors/teachers!! icon_redface.gif ) will be wearing their pj's and carrying their favorite stuffed animals.
I'd really like for the pj idea to be the main idea. Any wonderful ideas? I'm sure you have more than I've come up with yet! Thanks as always - PAT

2 replies
bwonderful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bwonderful Posted 27 Apr 2008 , 5:08am
post #2 of 3

You could carve a sheet cake to look like a pajama top and decorate with cute lines or polka dots. Then maybe try to make some fuzzy bunny slippers using the bear pan and adding ears/ taking off some of the body and adding the back part of the slipper if that makes sense. Place the bunny slippers on the bottom corner of the sheet cake if they aren't too large and then make one more teddy bear to nestle inbetween the arm of side of sheet cake. I hope that makes sense. I'm babbling and tired.

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 28 Apr 2008 , 9:01pm
post #3 of 3

That's a great idea!! I had thought of possibly carving PJ's, but the fuzzy bunny slippers would be SO cool thumbs_up.gif So is adding a bear being hugged. Thanks so much - and I'm still searching for even more ideas. Thanks - PAT

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%